Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rim Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like everyone else said, looks nice. Do you use anything to help prevent brake dust/road grime from clinging on?
    1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
    Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Thanks..Ummm I don't use anything for dust and road grime because I get very minimal grime and dust so I just wipe it off with a microfiber cloth...my dads 745li has 20 inch rims and accumulates tons of break dust, I just just wash off the dust with water and just wipe it clean with a terry cloth...

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

i just bout some 16" 5zigen wheels and i can't get the oxidation off! im down down to the metal on the lip. i used grit wet, i tried mean grean, wheel clener, and polish! its very hard to get it off, i think the only way is to sand it down to bare metal and then polish the lip. any suggestions?

Comment

1000 grit!

Comment

^there is a edit button..

But I am looking for some answers on that topic also.

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
            Originally posted by keepinitclean
            I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Sorry guys i dont know anything aboutsanding rims but you can use a pressure washer....the cheap one! NOT the high pressure one! Maybe you can get some wax and tar remover from Walmart...I saw that there amd maybe that could be the solution

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Everybody Post Before And After Pics!!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

looks really good

Comment

Whoa simple green mixed with wd40 mixed with mother mag polish! Thats a no no n a big chemical fusion going! I would understand going one product at a time and using as i was intended for maybe some scrubbing and washing down after using mean green and wd40! Then after the wheel is cleAn use mothers to polish it up but this whole thread is basicLy polishing!
                    No tryng to offend you for tryng n result was good on your part cus of bravery mixing chemicals but i wouldnt reconmend to anyone till you perfect it or get steps right! Might mess someones wheels up!

Comment

ohh no offense taken...but wd40 is grease, and simple green is a degreaser....WD-40 would loosen up all the dirt and the simple green would just take out all the grease left over. The polish would then bring on the shine. I see where you are thinking about the no no chemical fusion but once I buffed the wheel some minor scratches came out too...its just a suggestion for wheel cleaning

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                        ohh no offense taken...but wd40 is grease, and simple green is a degreaser....WD-40 would loosen up all the dirt and the simple green would just take out all the grease left over. The polish would then bring on the shine. I see where you are thinking about the no no chemical fusion but once I buffed the wheel some minor scratches came out too...its just a suggestion for wheel cleaning
                        Hey i undersand where your getting at and i see what your tryng to explain! Hey it worked for you and all but they have auto products for this! Theres auto wheel bleach this this works wonders! Removes everything and is clear coat safe! They sell it at your local walmart in the auto cleaning section! Stuff is from5-7 bucks for a big spray bottle! I recomend using purple rush degressor first let it sit for 3 mins to let it do its work get a scrub brush for wheels and scrub em real good rinse them real good then use the wheel bleach re peat same steps as purple rush by then rinse n dry hit it with mothers n bam clean n blinging!

Comment

Also reconmend using turtle wax wheel cleaner! That stuff actually works great!

Comment

the best stuff i have used for my stock 91 ex rims is eagle one a to z all wheel cleaner you jest spray it on a cool dry wheel and tire let it foam and after 30 sec hose off with water, then i use meguires cleaner wax on the rim and it looks brand new!!!!!

Comment

I like all those ideas! I'll try to get em all...

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Haha start printing these ideas out!

Comment

Working...
                                X