Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F23A swap is sill going on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F23A swap is sill going on.

Ok I got a F23A in my Accord I'm using a 2001 LX ECU and now I'm trying the immobilizer system to work or disable. by the looks off poking around and all data. I follow the honda procures on the immobilizer system it looks like the receiver unit is dead. and the code is not popping up when I scan the ECU that says the immobilizer system is dead. I need some help looking for a replacement immobilizer receiver unit. or a way to disable the system.

Disable it. Years ago; I did a 2000 gsr swap into a friend’s 99 Ek hatchback.
    Hooked everything up including emissions and got the car bar’d in SoCal. I sent the gsr ecu which has immobilizer to ericks racing and they disabled it. I noticed you are in Az. Call around your local race/car shops. If anything, google ericks racing in Baldwin park Ca and give them a call.

Comment

Is this an F23A in a CB Accord? If so, you're making this swap MUCH more difficult than it has any business being.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ditch the OBD2 IMMO ECU and ether go with a 94-95 Accord VTEC OBD1 ECU (37820-P0A-XXX). Or opt for an OBD1 chipped and tuned ECU.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Would the p12 ecu work for this swap?

Comment

The P12 doesn't control VTEC.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Do what Ghost said and get a P0A ecu from a '94-'95 Accord EX which has the VTEC engine. This will run your F23A swap just fine, and not require all the things that OBDII require.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Ok I got a F22B2 intake (got the engine running and idling with the stock ecu) and a Chipped P28 with the Demon v2 (working on the base map to start from)

Comment

Originally posted by funguy26 View Post
                  Ok I got a F22B2 intake (got the engine running and idling with the stock ecu) and a Chipped P28 with the Demon v2 (working on the base map to start from)
                  What are your plans for the f23? I'm asking because I plan on possibly swapping an f23a into my 1990 Civic sedan. There's a civic eg hb running around Houston with a f23a swap and a turbo sticking out of the hood. It's a monster!

Comment

I did the swap for fuel mileage i'm pushing about 40mpgs now.

Comment

Did you replace the IMMO unit or go with the F22B ecu to get it running? I think its super interesting to swap for fuel mileage, definitely a cool idea and something I will consider in the future!

Comment

sorry I when with a P28 ecu

Comment

Working...
                        X