Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine idles @ 2K RPM when in motion, normal when stopped???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine idles @ 2K RPM when in motion, normal when stopped???

My JDM H22a is acting up on me. When the engine is warmed up it feels like it doesn't have full power available and I can feel a hesitation or stumbling upon acceleration.

If I start the car, drive it right away without letting it warm up at all, it pulls hard, spins tires in 1st gear, pulls good acceleration on low RPM all thru the rev range in every gear..

Once it's warm it feels like half powered or something. Doesn't pull good from low rpms and VTEC engages but acts funny and doesn't really pull like should.

That's my secondary problem at his point. When driving, the Idle revs by itself to 2000RPM..
    Sometimes when it's cold it idles lower.

I took off and cleaned my IACV earlier and sprayed it with Carb Cleaner, was pretty dirty.
    Started it, did same thing, revs at 1K RPM when at a stop, but at any motion the rpms shoot to 2K RPM "Ghost Revving"

I'm down here I Washington, from Alaska, with my GF and my Father. When we got here I had to change the Battery, Alt, Alt belt, PS belt, new Battery ground wire, NGK Spark Plug Wires, Main Relay. It runs, but not as it should. Starting to think I have an Automatic ECU...

Anyone have any thoughts on why my car is acting like this?
    Shipping my cb7 back to AK on April 4th in Seatttle. Want it running as good as I can get it before it heads up because parts are harder to come by up there.
    Last edited by alex_eats_rice; 03-27-2018, 03:29 PM.

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Get a squirter bottle and fill it with soapy water and spray it on your vacuum likes with the engine running.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_Saloon View Post
      Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Get a squirter bottle and fill it with soapy water and spray it on your vacuum likes with the engine running.
      I hadn't tried that yet but will tomorrow

Comment

First, you should never beat on you engine when it’s cold. That is really, really bad for it!

The surging idle is likely your iacv or fitv. Clean and adjust, or replace. They’ve both been discussed extensively on here.

The power loss at operating temp suggests a bad o2 sensor. Does your cel ever come on?

Comment

OP dont do that. You can spray carb cleaner in short bursts around vac lines and gasketed intake surfaces, or take an unlit propane torch and probe around, when you hear the idle change youve found the leak.

Have you tested the TPS, make sure its connector is seated correctly, clean connectors etc. Have you tried pulling codes?

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          First, you should never beat on you engine when it’s cold. That is really, really bad for it!

The surging idle is likely your iacv or fitv. Clean and adjust, or replace. They’ve both been discussed extensively on here.

The power loss at operating temp suggests a bad o2 sensor. Does your cel ever come on?

Also, testing the IAT sensor is a good idea, you can use an ohm meter and a hair dryer

Last edited by illinois_erik; 03-27-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Thi's is something some DSMers do to check for boost leaks, so figured it would work the same.

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post

OP dont do that. You can spray carb cleaner in short bursts around vac lines and gasketed intake surfaces, or take an unlit propane torch and probe around, when you hear the idle change youve found the leak.

Have you tested the TPS, make sure its connector is seated correctly, clean connectors etc. Have you tried pulling codes?

Also, testing the IAT sensor is a good idea, you can use an ohm meter and a hair dryer

Comment

Thi's is something some DSMers do to check for boost leaks, so figured it would work the same.
              I've done it several times. It works for Honda's too.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Works on boost leaks not vacuum. Try cleaning the throttle also.

Comment

Working...
                X