No announcement yet.

canon 50D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon and Nikon seem to have (for the moment) let the dust settle on the megapixel wars, and instead now are concentrating on live-view and video capabilities. Hopefully someday soon camera makers will abandon all the marketing hype and focus on what REALLY matters in a camera: sensor size. I would rather have a 6MP camera with a full-frame sensor than a 20MP camera with an APS-C sized sensor. If they put their efforts toward producing a cost-effective full-frame sensor DSLR, it would do more toward promoting photography than anything else they've done so far.
    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
    Short ram intake
    Tenrai Himoto catback
    Smashed front end
    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai View Post
      Canon and Nikon seem to have (for the moment) let the dust settle on the megapixel wars, and instead now are concentrating on live-view and video capabilities. Hopefully someday soon camera makers will abandon all the marketing hype and focus on what REALLY matters in a camera: sensor size. I would rather have a 6MP camera with a full-frame sensor than a 20MP camera with an APS-C sized sensor. If they put their efforts toward producing a cost-effective full-frame sensor DSLR, it would do more toward promoting photography than anything else they've done so far.
      Is Canon working on video capabilities as well?

As for full frame, I am planning one getting one sooner than later.
      The D3x rumors are buggin the shit out of me.

/me wants

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23 View Post
        when i was doing some reading they had always mentioned that d60 was an upgrade of the d40 and the d80 was an upgrade of the d70
        yes you are correct here. And now the D90 is an upgrade to the D80 I wonder what they will do next with the mid-level entry DSLRs since a D100 already exists. Maybe a new line name or something of that sort.
        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Working...
        X