Alternative ROH swap info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
    You could edit your original post, and mention its wont work at the end.
    Or people could read the thread fully...

I don't want to delete this because I want to make sure people see it not working here.

As for using CB Uppers, yes, I am certain. I went to the yard and grabbed good looking OEM uppers to throw the SPC balljoints into.

I had absolutely no issues with axle fitment into those newer knuckles though, nor any other fitment aside from camber being way too positive and knuckle to spring clearance.

I don't want to take these knuckles that I have on the car currently back off, but I will say these are WAY different in shape and size than the newer Accord knuckles that I was using.

The brake line rubbed the shock hard when you'd turn the steering wheel. The knuckle itself would rub as well. And even hitting the damper I would get positive camber.

And it clearly doesn't work. I should have the same suspension your friend does. Roughly, anyway. Why it fits on his 97, and doesn't fit on my 93, I don't know. I considered it was lower control arm length, but I already had my front width as wide if not wider than the rear, and I also got those off of a junkyard CB and they looked fine in the yard.

I'm more than willing to get any pictures or anything that might help aid this discussion though.
    Last edited by Frijoles; 09-06-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X