Dual TV unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual TV unit

Ok my dual Tv has been acting funny lately.

Problem being sometimes when i turn off the car the radio deletes the radio stations i saved and speaker settings.

Sometimes the speaker settings hold but the radio station get reset.

Or the clock maybe reset.

Also a few times will driving the radio would cut off then come on. And once the radio was playing while no key was in ignition.

All wires are connected right. Could it be the gound?

check your const. 12v wire

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Imma recrump the REd and yellow wire and see how that works for a few days.

Also find this. A bit more info on this. The Red and Yellow wires supply the Headunit with the following:

Constant low level power - this is direct from battery and stays live even when your car is off, it allows your headunit to have enough power to keep its memory settings

Ignition feed - When the car is running, the headunit is supplied with more power from ignition to power it for general use.

With many headunits, these two wires dont come set up the right way round for the 206, so your headunit will run off low level power when on, and may cut out when the volume is turned up (as it doesnt have enough power going to it). Also, as the memory feed is coming from ignition, when the car stops running, this feed stops too, and the headunit loses its memory settings. Switching these two wires around fixes the problem. Many new headunits come with connectors that allows you to easily change the wires around.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302 View Post
        Imma recrump the REd and yellow wire and see how that works for a few days.

Also find this. A bit more info on this. The Red and Yellow wires supply the Headunit with the following:

Constant low level power - this is direct from battery and stays live even when your car is off, it allows your headunit to have enough power to keep its memory settings

Ignition feed - When the car is running, the headunit is supplied with more power from ignition to power it for general use.

With many headunits, these two wires dont come set up the right way round for the 206, so your headunit will run off low level power when on, and may cut out when the volume is turned up (as it doesnt have enough power going to it). Also, as the memory feed is coming from ignition, when the car stops running, this feed stops too, and the headunit loses its memory settings. Switching these two wires around fixes the problem. Many new headunits come with connectors that allows you to easily change the wires around.
        well do u have a full system??? and your last bit of info is crap.... if you only have that TV as your system no sub or anything then u should look at battery or alt issues..... or maybe just bad wiring....
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Yes i have a full system. I this wired up for bout 2 months now. So i havent touched any wires. I have been having alt. noise. I swapped out the rca's and the noise is gone. Still not saving stations though.

Comment

u have to have wiring issues or else its a bad radio... but i will put more on bad wiring first.... maybe u should spend 10-25bucks and have a shop check it out.....
            Members Ride sold...
            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I'm gonna go with bad unit, if the internal board is fried stuff like that will happen. power and ground will just make it lose memory or come on and off. I'd get it swapped for another if its under warranty, if not stay away from Dual-get what you pay for

Comment

Swapping out RCA cables and eliminating the noise is an indicator of wiring issues. In particular, this will tend to happen with poor connections or low-quality cables. The cheaper the cable and the poorer the connection, the easier it is for chassis noise to be introduced into the system. The best noise reduction you can get is properly spliced and soldered wiring along with high-quality twisted pair signal cables. Another good tip is to avoid using any excess processing equipment: e.g. EQs, DSPs, etc. The fewer items between the source and the speakers, the less noise will be introduced into the signal path, and the higher the quality of the unit, the less noise it will introduce.

MethodFX, I'd recommend not jumping to conclusions based on insufficient information. You'll likely end up wasting your money. Check all the connections before signing the head unit off as bad, and if that doesn't work, at least do yourself a favor and have the unit bench tested as loud92 suggested. I always prefer to start the process of elimination with the least expensive link in the chain, which is typically the one that goes bad anyway.

My first recommendation is to use a good multitester to check continuity of the constant and switched power leads.
                ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                Short ram intake
                Tenrai Himoto catback
                Smashed front end
                Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

im in the process of ditching my dual for all the same reasons. I bought it for $50 bux in the box, and it worked great for a month or so. then the tracks that motorize the screen broke and just came out. which was ok i guess, i can move it manualy. but then it started acting screwy and now the touchscreen is wigging out. its not under warrenty, so im gonna prob. sell it on ebay for like $20 as parts.
                  -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                  newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                  newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                  newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

i just got rid of my duel dvd flip that thing was the biggest pice i have ever payed 315.65$ for IMO hope you fix it
                    Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

ok the radio is working fine now, o well

Comment

Working...
                      X