CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 10-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #21
bigpoppa694lyfe
CB7tuner Member

bigpoppa694lyfe may be a total jerk. It is very likely.
Send a message via AIM to bigpoppa694lyfe Send a message via Yahoo to bigpoppa694lyfe
Yes. Just check out their website. When you order, they ask for all the information needed such as engine, modifications, compression, and other things like add on options. My first basemap was really rich so i emailed them back and for like $40 they sent me a modified chip that was nearly spot on.
bigpoppa694lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #22
MrMagnificent
CB7tuner Member

MrMagnificent is cool... so far.
Ah, I was stating the long gear ratios never worked for those civic fanboys.

If all you drive is a civic and then you suddenly hop into an accord your not going to like the long gears.

But idk, my cb7 coupe looks quite fast with a fat lip. I'm tempted to lower it.
MrMagnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
We have a couple of members here that will do ecu chipping, and you know it will be right.

Coupes look faster than sedans,then wagons 'look' the slowest... And you should lower it, that's like a necessity.

However, wagons are the best to whoop up on people and they're cool. Pull up to a 5.0 and give them the business.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #24
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

heretoaskstuff is cool... so far.
Just got Neptune and Demon! so i started to simply remap my P06 ECU to the F-series basemap.. but the only options on Neptune for remapping the P06 are :
P28
P29
P30
P30 (JDM)
P61
P72
P72 (JDM)
P75
P75 (JDM)
PR3 (JDM)
PR4

Which, if any, should I choose? If none of these will work i have a basemap chip off of phearable.com for my f series, and could i then just use neptune and demon to tune my ecu to the cam upgrade?
heretoaskstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #25
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
I'm guessing that you're still not really getting the hang of creating your own calibration.

Just spend the $40 on a "custom basemap" from Phearable.net.

• Install the ECU into your car
• Hook up your data cable to the Demon
• Power up the ECU
• Open Neptun RTP on your computer,
• Open the Phearable.net file in Neptune and
• Load the file onto your ECU/Demon and start tuning.

by Chappy, on Flickr

Last edited by GhostAccord; 10-25-2013 at 08:00 AM.
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #26
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
I'm guessing that you're still not really getting the hang of creating your own calibration.

Just spend the $40 on a "custom basemap" from Phearable.net.

Install the ECU into your car
Hook up your data cable to the Demon
Power up the ECU
Open Neptun RTP on your computer,
Open the Phearable.net file in Neptune and
Load the file onto your ECU/Demon and start tuning.
I have a custom basemap from phearable already. So do I use the basemap chip they sent me and then install demon or are you talking about downloading a basemap file from Phearable and uploading it through demon?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #27
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
If you have already purchased a chip you can try installing it in your ECU and hope that the maps are good enough. You will not be able to make any changes to that chip. You cannot use the Demon at the same time as a chip.

You should be able to request Phearable to email you that ROM file from that chip to you in a Neptune ROM format that you can upload to your demon.

These are the very basics of tuning, and if after a week you still have not learned the difference between using a chip and a real time programer (ROM emulator/Demon). You should probably take your car to a tuner and have them tune it.

Right now having the Neptune Demon is a complete waste of your money.

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #28
heretoaskstuff
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
If you have already purchased a chip you can try installing it in your ECU and hope that the maps are good enough. You will not be able to make any changes to that chip. You cannot use the Demon at the same time as a chip.

You should be able to request Phearable to email you that ROM file from that chip to you in a Neptune ROM format that you can upload to your demon.

These are the very basics of tuning, and if after a week you still have not learned the difference between using a chip and a real time programer (ROM emulator/Demon). You should probably take your car to a tuner and have them tune it.

Right now having the Neptune Demon is a complete waste of your money.
I'm learning. so if they aren't able to send me a file then should I buy this and return the chip? http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcar...ion-p-137.html I'm not tuning my car for a while, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about tuning so I don't mess up when I actually take on the tuning. Which won't be for a while.

Tags
all motor , build , cb7 , f series , n/a

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: