Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB3 One-piece headscratcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the look of the SE dashboard over the standard dashboard in every 4th gen Accord. But when finding the dashboards in the junkyard the airbag is usually blown. I didn't want a different texture/color to plug the hole, so I found a working OEM airbag to fill the hole. Eventually I want to take the airbag cover off and build a cubby or fusebox cover out of it.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

There are only three JDM parts I've been interested in:

1) One-piece lights - got lucky timing on this find forever ago, when a local member was parting out. They were in superb shape, and even had the TSX projector retrofit I would have done on my own. I plan to get a protective film for them before installing on the next car.

2) Power folding mirrors - a recent score from on here. Can't remember the cost, but I remember thinking they seemed cheaper than normal, so I had to grab them. Even included full harness with switch!

3) Sedan slim side moldings (pretty sure they fit a wagon...) - still after these, but I'm not currently in a position to buy even if I did find a set. I'll start hunting in earnest in the spring.
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-14-2017, 06:51 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

One piece headlights are $500 now?

I remember when 90-91s were in the $150-200 range! I couldn't justify them on a broke college kid budget.

My JDM PFMs were $140 shipped and I had a JDM parking pole I bought on eBay for like $80 shipped.

I should have held onto everything for another 10 years and then sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          One piece headlights are $500 now?

I remember when 90-91s were in the $150-200 range! I couldn't justify them on a broke college kid budget.

My JDM PFMs were $140 shipped and I had a JDM parking pole I bought on eBay for like $80 shipped.

I should have held onto everything for another 10 years and then sold out.
          Lol! That is exactly what I said about Bitcoin! If I would've taken it seriously and bought a few even when they were $100ish while in college... I could've probably had my NSX by now.

I have my JDM stash taking up a closet. I don't know whether or not I'm seriously going to build the 1991 H22a Bar'd CB shell on the side of my house anytime tho. I'm hoping when my Son gets older, he will fall in love with CBs and it will be a father son project... but yeah 18 years more to go tho. By then who knows... maybe someone will already have a plug n' play kit for Tesla's Model S into any dinosaur car.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
          1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude
          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
            Lol! That is exactly what I said about Bitcoin! If I would've taken it seriously and bought a few even when they were $100ish while in college... I could've probably had my NSX by now.

that is only if you found someone who accepted or traded for bitcoin. I thought the same thing too until i realized how it operates.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

anything jdm related to the CB chassis has sky rocketed in the last 5 years.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Ugh I let so many parts go when I sold my car, jdm one pieces, oem hood bra, pfm, and my fave the facelift bumper with fogs. Ugh $500 for headlights...... Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  I use to want the one piece head lights but after enjoying the fact that I don't have to worry about my headlights oxidizing and the cost of them made me stick with the normal glass headlights
                  Oxidation isn’t really an issue because the polycarbonate lenses are easily resurfaced and polished. That combined with a protective (3M) film and they will be clear for quite a long time. I did this with mine and they are still mint.

Originally posted by Harriers Wake View Post
                  I've been searching off and on for 90-91 one-piece JDM headlights for a couple years now(ebay, parts sites, etc). Occasionally a set will come up right when I can't possibly justify the expense for one reason or another. I've also entertained the idea of buying one side and then the other, but then I realized something odd. I've never seen one for the left side by itself. I see the right side occasionally but I honestly cant remember seeing a left. Is it just me? Are they all in some lost sock dimension somewhere? What is the most elusive part you've tried to find?
                  I have a story that may or may not give you hope...

A long time ago in a place far far away i was also looking for a set of 90-91 JDM one-piecers but only found a right side headlight in the classifieds...back when they were still reasonably priced around $200-300 for a decent set. I was hesitant to buy just the one side but the guy selling it knew the odds of finding a lefty were slim so it was priced very, very low. I went ahead and decided to go for it and got it for a steal of a deal along with some other parts. All said and done it cost me less than $40 for the right side light. It needed work (oxidation) but i was prepared to rectify that if i ever found a left side to complete the set. I really didn’t think i’d find one any time soon but within a week an OG member (Dirtyrice) posted up saying he had a left-side JDM one piecer and was looking for a right side. I somehow convinced him that my needs were greater than his and i got him to trade me his JDM lefty for a projector retrofit kit that i had put together for some USDM lights. That was an easy decision for me and we made the trade. Even came with a JDM grille to make it all fit perfect...

Photobucket really fucked up my stash of photos including all the pics of my JDM one-piece restoration and some great pics of when they were first installed...but here are a couple decent shots, the last last shots sadly, of the lights before i neglected the chassis...

So be hopeful and keep checking out the classifieds, eBay, and all the civic/integra JDM sites. Sometimes those guys have a stash of old JDM parts from other cars not just teggys and civics. And if you find just one side for sale, snag it. You never know when the other side will pop up. But a least you’ll be half way there...

It’s too bad this community isn’t nearly as active as it once was. Used to be able to see new ads for rare shit daily...
                  Last edited by islandhopper; 04-04-2018, 12:21 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                  X