Cruise control works sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise control works sometimes

My cruise control seems to works sometimes and sometimes not. When it works it usually works until i cut car off. Then next day it may or may not. When it works it usually works for the drive whether it is disengages and engages later or not. I was thinking it may be the speed sensor. Brake and clutch sensors are fine. Sometimes i can cut off car and restart and it will work. Any suggestions?

The brake and clutch sensors may work, but double check the rubber plug/button in the pedal arm that contacts the switch. I've had those fail, then the plunger on the switch sticks through the hole and makes the car think the brake or clutch is depressed all the time. Some use a bolt in the hole, I've used the plastic clip for the front fender liners.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      The brake and clutch sensors may work, but double check the rubber plug/button in the pedal arm that contacts the switch. I've had those fail, then the plunger on the switch sticks through the hole and makes the car think the brake or clutch is depressed all the time. Some use a bolt in the hole, I've used the plastic clip for the front fender liners.
      I got a penny glued on in there. It is weird its intermittent working or not. It seems the colder it gets the less it works. It started this intermittent problem right after i changed the alt and ac belts. At first i thought the cable was getting kinked or something.

Comment

Did you disconnect the cruise control actuator to get it out of the way when changing the belts? Is the vacuum hose kinked somewhere? Harness wires pinched?
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Did you disconnect the cruise control actuator to get it out of the way when changing the belts? Is the vacuum hose kinked somewhere? Harness wires pinched?
          I checked and rechecked that. As i thought it might be a kink. The cable doesn't go in perfectly str8t but it was that way before this started.

Comment

I'm asking about the vacuum line, not the cable that goes to the throttle.

Comment

I'm asking about the vacuum line, not the cable that goes to the throttle.
              I will have to recheck that vacuum line. I got a replacement pump and solenoid with all vacuum lines that i think i will just replace.

Comment

If it stops working more when it's cold then it's probably a bad suction cup in the unit. The CC unit is basically a giant suction cup that holds cable in place via suction. Cold will cause the cup inside to fail and lose it's suction.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
                  I will have to recheck that vacuum line. I got a replacement pump and solenoid with all vacuum lines that i think i will just replace.
                  Let us know if that does it. I've never had one fail, but I think I have a couple spares.

Comment

Let us know if that does it. I've never had one fail, but I think I have a couple spares.
                    I haven't changed it yet. Am waiting till it starts to fail again. It is warmer now and has worked pretty consistently.

Comment

Working...
                    X