No announcement yet.

baracuda : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got everything installed, its just temporary for now till i can get a better mounting set up put together.

everything works great, I don't have any over heating at all it and its crazy seeing all the room it has opened up. headers and motor have direct air flow now, hoping its going to keep temps down when summer rolls around.

Pics below...sorry bay is dirty and I had coolant spraying all over from the old busted radiator.
    Also i will be getting a new hood and few other body parts coming up soon, as well get my suspension freshened up for the summer.

front grill shot:

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I dont know if its the angle, but the 02 sensor wire looks a little close to that samurai radiator fan you got there

Looks great though Aaron. Btw, did you use the stock accord upper radiator hose?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
        I dont know if its the angle, but the 02 sensor wire looks a little close to that samurai radiator fan you got there

Looks great though Aaron. Btw, did you use the stock accord upper radiator hose?
        When i bought the radiator it had a new upper hose on there so i used that one its just about the same I.D. as my accord hose. only issue i ran into is that both hoses were to long so i had to cut it down to fit with out a kink, still needs like 1-2 inchs more and it will be perfect. used the stock lower hose though and it fit perfect.

As for the o2 sensor yes its close but since it attaches on to a clip by the from motor mount the wire cant move to much and i pulled on it to see if the fan would ever be able to hit it, but the wire stays about 2 or so inchs aways from the blades at the closest point.... still little sketch so looking at either routing it differently or some how taking little more slack out of the o2 sensor wire. The fan sounds nuts when its running, and has TONS of pull compared to my stock ones.

Its still a temp setup till I can get few other things together, like new "showier" upper radiator mount, New DIY lower mounts, and a new upper radiator support cross bar.
        Last edited by baracuda; 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Coupes FTW!!!!!!! Lovign the wheels man!
          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          My coupe!!!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
            Coupes FTW!!!!!!! Lovign the wheels man!
            Thank you sir, Coupes FTW!!!

Comment

Snow day, Here are some pics.

Comment

Looks like you got it pretty good up there! It came down pretty nice as well here in San Antonio.Good to see your car again!

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
                  Looks like you got it pretty good up there! It came down pretty nice as well here in San Antonio.Good to see your car again!
                  Thanks man, yeah we got like 1-2 inchs could drive since i have summer tires, so i got to stay home good times.

**BTW make a member ride thread your car to freaking CLEAN not to showing off to the forums.
                  Last edited by baracuda; 02-08-2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

New Bay shot of the from the Houston meet. Updates to from page.

Comment

Some random shots form the meet.

Comment

So I am testing out new color schemes for my car and just happened to need to paint my upper radiator support beam. so this is just my first pass through to see how this "purple anodized" paint would even come out. Now the paint said to use on chrome or near chrome surfaces, I did it on plain brushed steel with minimal polishing. Outcome wasnt the best over all but in some area it came out just way I wanted it to. I hit it with a quick wet sanding in the prime areas to see if it I could pull the detail a little more out, it helped a little bit but still didnt look all the way I wanted it to. They do sell a special base coat if you need to paint non chrome like things and still get the full effect. so I am going to track a can down and see how much better it comes out.
                        -I also did a better tuck on my alternation wires looks much cleaner, if you look at these first pics and notice the alt. and then look at the last one you can see how much better it looks.
                        (Cell Phone pics not the best., so you cant really see the brushed steel showing through the paint.)

Comment

not bad aaron, I used the same paint on the lips for my drag wheels

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                            not bad aaron, I used the same paint on the lips for my drag wheels
                            sweet deal those came out great, did you just use them on the bare polished metal on the rims? I want to use the base coat and see what it comes out like.

Comment

Yea I painted them when the wheels were brand new, polished lip

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq

Comment

My local fry's had one of their weekend sales and had these Kenwood KFC-G1620's on sale for $20. I have been needing a new set of rears and couldn't pass up this price for a set of ok speakers.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KFC1...ures_and_specs

sounds good so far, and much better then what was in there before.

Comment

Working...
                                X