Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my paint job needs a little work ...help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lies, lies.
    The Golf;

(Notice the LowFamilia decal on the side, theyre an Euro VAG club, Ive seen this car a few times before, it's the same one as you posted earlier.
    ;
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-emotions.html

can't find the page for the BBS, but they were there long before Plastidip was available for consumers.
    Last edited by Vladi; 08-23-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

either way the effect you get will be the same. I see though that those websites did steal the pictures, shame on them.. i recently had to harass an online vendor for using a personal photo I had on facebook to sell balance shaft delete kits. However flattering they used a picture of my engine in my dirty front room they didn't ask permission, took 3 calls to get it taken down.

Comment

Yeah some people will do everything to sell a product.
        I hate these liearsm

Effect could be the same, never seen Glow in the dark plastidip though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladi View Post
          Yeah some people will do everything to sell a product.
          I hate these liearsm

Effect could be the same, never seen Glow in the dark plastidip though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Have it repainted professionally.
            This.

Anything else will look like a DIY job and be incredibly noticeable. I painted a pair of fenders for my old Toyota Pickup using a legit HVLP spray gun and Sherwin Williams single stage automotive paint. They looked good enough for what I wanted (plus it was in white so it was very forgiving) but up close it was VERY apparent it was a home done job.

Without a punch of practice and some good equipment, it's going to look like a DIY job.

Comment

A $6000 paint job on a $500 car isn't my ideal of a wise financial decision.

I could be "ballin" and do it but I'd rather be uncool and have damn near enough money in my pocket for the down payment on a modest house instead. DIY or MAACO for me. It's a 23 year old economy car with over a quarter of a million miles on it.

It's not going to win any contests, but contests are for teenagers who have mommy and daddy buy them everything anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                either way the effect you get will be the same. I see though that those websites did steal the pictures, shame on them.. i recently had to harass an online vendor for using a personal photo I had on facebook to sell balance shaft delete kits. However flattering they used a picture of my engine in my dirty front room they didn't ask permission, took 3 calls to get it taken down.
                Should have asked for a cut of the sales.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                  A $6000 paint job on a $500 car isn't my ideal of a wise financial decision.

I could be "ballin" and do it but I'd rather be uncool and have damn near enough money in my pocket for the down payment on a modest house instead. DIY or MAACO for me. It's a 23 year old economy car with over a quarter of a million miles on it.

It's not going to win any contests, but contests are for teenagers who have mommy and daddy buy them everything anyways.
                  My 1990 $700 Civic Shuttle had that sort of money invested in it, I dont really care for contests or how much people think it's worth.
                  I did it for myself, love the looks of a fresh paintjob on a chassis without rust.

My parents didn't put a dime in it tho.

Modding a car is never a wise financial decision.
                  So if you don't care for the best because of that reason you shouldnt really be investing any kind of money in your car.

Comment

My 1990 $700 Civic Shuttle had that sort of money invested in it, I dont really care for contests or how much people think it's worth.
                    I did it for myself, love the looks of a fresh paintjob on a chassis without rust.

My parents didn't put a dime in it tho.

Modding a car is never a wise financial decision.
                    There are a lot of I's and me's in my statement so one can get the idea that I was referring to my personal preferences much like yourself. Some seek or desire a high end paint job, others do not. As for your statement "If you don't care for the best because of that reason you shouldnt really be investing any kind of money in your car." some would find that rather discouraging. I know quite a few people who cannot fathom such body work. But that doesn't mean they should just hang it up and quit.

The other part of my statement was a joke for those of us who will likely never possess such craftsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                      There are a lot of I's and me's in my statement so one can get the idea that I was referring to my personal preferences much like yourself. Some seek or desire a high end paint job, others do not. As for your statement "If you don't care for the best because of that reason you shouldnt really be investing any kind of money in your car." some would find that rather discouraging. I know quite a few people who cannot fathom such body work. But that doesn't mean they should just hang it up and quit.

The other part of my statement was a joke for those of us who will likely never possess such craftsmanship.
                      Wasnt discouraging anyone,
                      Everyone has an own budget, and everyone can make something with that budget. But if you really worry about it being a poor investment financially, you shouldnt put a dime into it.

Im sure I never going to get near the funds I got into it on sale,
                      But I just dont care, for me it's the best investment in happines there is.

Comment

Wasnt discouraging anyone,
                        Everyone has an own budget, and everyone can make something with that budget. But if you really worry about it being a poor investment financially, you shouldnt put a dime into it.

Im sure I never going to get near the funds I got into it on sale,
                        But I just dont care, for me it's the best investment in happines there is.
                        There is a happy medium regardless of what ones reasoning is. I said it isn't my ideal of a wise financial decision. So that decision is as up to me as it is up to you or anyone else. I get where you are coming from in one aspect though.

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post

I didn't see this before. That's pretty wild! I would like to mess around with this stuff. It seems Plasti Dip has done quite a few neat and new things in the past few years.
                        Last edited by H311RA151N; 09-05-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Try some reading on the subject on painting a car. The biggest and most expensive thing you need is an air compressor and that has multiple uses outside of just painting. I have been watching videos about painting cars and it looks simple. Just practice on a spare body part.
                          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                            Try some reading on the subject on painting a car. The biggest and most expensive thing you need is an air compressor and that has multiple uses outside of just painting. I have been watching videos about painting cars and it looks simple. Just practice on a spare body part.
                            Its not the painting that makes painting so expensive.
                            It's the prepping.
                            Prepping is an art and not that easy.

Comment

Working...
                            X