Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Saggy shift boot fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saggy shift boot fix

Okay lets try this again, i got a car with a chopped shifter knob and the boot sags now that i replaced it with a newer shifter. A toyota pickup shift knob will fit nicely and is rather comfortable for those wanting a different one.

i found a little fix for the leftover sagged out boot that works very well and is dirt cheap if not free like my case.

this little rubber grommet fits great and keeps the boot in place, as well as being adjustable as it grips the tapered surface of your shifter.

heres how it looks now

you can also use a washer like this although this one was slightly too large.

the only thing you really have to do is adjust the rubber grommet up or down while its in fifth gear to prevent the boot from being too tight and its looking great IMO.

anyway i know its basic but i figured it could help someone being that those crown royal bags are ugly and some people may like the toyota knob as much as i do.

BTW any tapered rubber grommet that will fit on the top of the shifter and is slightly larger that the opening at the top of the boot will do the do. i liked this one because it was nice and flexible and the hole in the center was just a tiny bit bigger than the threaded section on the shifter

Comment

ok

Nice and informative... i will try this once i change my shifter knob

Comment

I used a small zip tie with a washer on top. That worked quite well.
        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151476804250...;3AMEBIDX%3AIT
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Yeah those are alright but there also nine bucks + where as this was free for me and the rubber grommet you need most likely won't cost you over $2 at someplace with plumming supplies or even the ones for making beer.

Comment

its make a offer...
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

this is a hell of an idea and looks like it works perfectly.. this will be something i do on my accord and tsx

Comment

Working...
                X