Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Powersteering boiling over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qbodsyt
    i'm not particularly gifted either, but if you don't mind pulling off the p/s belt and pulling off the big pulley wheel at the base of the pump, then you should be ok. only thing is my car has 240k on it and orig. pump so the bolt holding the pulley wheel on was a mother to get loose. i'd spray a lot of penetrating lubricant on it first and let it sit for awhile before trying to loosen it. The seals are a little thick round one and a big thin one that goes on inside the pump...the pump is pretty easy to open up.
    Hey man thanks alot....hope the parts guy is able to give me the correct seals....

91 Se
    Central Texas

Comment

I have the same problem, not sure what it is but its bubbling over, I think its cause I'm pulling air in through one of the lines, I put in a bottle of Lucas a few weeks ago made things a little better but it still sounds odd at start up.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I had the same problem with my 3g prelude, it happened shortly after i had refilled it with ATF (I didn't know then, that you should only use honda ps-f). The fluid just boiled/foamed out of the reservoir. I bled it all out and filled it with honda power steering fluid and didn't have any problems with it since then.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          I have the same problem, not sure what it is but its bubbling over, I think its cause I'm pulling air in through one of the lines, I put in a bottle of Lucas a few weeks ago made things a little better but it still sounds odd at start up.
          well, if you have a bad line, I think the lucas won't be good enough...I was recomending it more if the seals in the pump itself are bad or something....theres this line that seems to go on a lot of accords of this vintage, its only $26 cdn to get, and it should be easy to find underneath the car (look for the line thats all covered in ps fluid) oh, and if it sounds whiny on startup, it might be residual spilled fluid on your alternator and p/s belts, that goo got on my belts and whined like mad till it all finally dried up

caribeno: sorry man, I just realized I still have the bags the seals came in, hopefully this is in time to help you and the Canadian part #'s are the same in US

Little thick seal at base of pulley wheel: #91201-PT0-003
          Thin larger seal: #91306-PT0-004

hope that is helpful
          Last edited by qbodsyt; 12-22-2006, 03:59 PM.
          1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Well, what i will do is bleed out all the old ps fluid, replace with honda ps fluid, check all hoses....if this doesn't work then replace the seals...never hurts to try the simplest things first before the more difficult..

hey qbodsyt, thanks alot for the part#'s should be the same no matter what...

I'll keep you all up to date....thanks again...

91 Se
            Central Texas

Comment

thanks for the info ill try to find that line your talking about.

might be a good time to just pull the p/s.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
              X