Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Drive Side Window Off Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive Side Window Off Track

So I have already removed the door panel and put the window back on the two white clips that are attached to the window motor but the problem I am having is that once rolled up when I roll the window down the clips just pop off the glass window and the regulator rolls down leaving the window up. It also seems to have a bit of trouble pushing the window up but not because the motor is weak but the channel that the window runs in is so tight. So my question Is this something that anyone else has experienced and is there an adhesive or something that I need to add to the clips to hold the window?

Also should I lubricate the track that the window travels in with something such as white lithium grease or something? Its pretty frustrating getting it all together and rolling it up then hearing it pop right back out when rolling it down.

Thanks

So did you buy the motor separate and use your old regulator or did you buy it all as one? If so what brand is it?

Comment

I actually didn't buy anything new. I took the door panel off just to see what was going on the day i bought the car and noticed that the motor was still good as far as I could tell. The only problem seems to be the tightness of the track and the window popping out of the two white clips that hold the glass.

Comment

If your window is not attached to the two clips which are then bolted on to the regulator then I'd recommend just going to the junkyard and picking up another window for about 30 bucks to save headache. Make sure the new clips are stable.

Unless... :
        One of my clips broke off and putting it back was never the same in alignment. I simply JB welded the clip back onto the window. I remember having to do one clip and putting quite a lot on there. After that, it seemed to work fine. My alignment was off so it was either the window that I jb welded back on or the track itself. Try your luck if you don't mind going cheap.

FYI: If you're gonna get a junkyard piece, the coupe and sedans of the cb7 are different windows, regulators, and MAYBE the motor (as far as I know for the front driver's side).

Comment

Where the Clips bolt onto the regulator there is a fair amount of adjustment. you need to make sure that is also aligned correctly. that could be your issue if the clips havent moved.
          sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

After adjustment you may want to spray the window seals to refresh them. It is suggested to replace the window seals when you buy a new regulator but when I refused the new window seals the guy suggested silicone spray which makes the windows go up a little easier. I used liquid wrench cause that's what I had for silicone spray. Caution your car will smell funky for a couple days using liquid wrench I don't know if there is a less smelly option.
            92 Honda Accord LX

Comment

I used the spray on my Integra.

The way I did it was first I used degreaser on all the seals, cleaned them as best as I could.

Then degreased again and wioed away as much as I could. Then I used silicone. Vast improvement.

I didn't pull the seals out but if I did it would of been even better.
              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

I'm having the same exact issue.

What upsets me is that I didn't even do anything.. One day my window was working perfectly, I parked the car and came outside to the garage the next morning and "What do you know?" - my window is fucked up.

I'm really starting to think my car just doesn't like me, because it seems like every time I fix something, or replace something, another thing just gets messed up.

Great cars, but damn. It's the little things that are so frustrating.

Thanks for all the help on here though everyone, I'll be sure to use it as well.

Comment

The rear window clip on my driver's glass also popped off. I reattached it last summer with 3M's black window adhesive, after scuffing the glass and cleaning the shit out of the clip. This past spring, the clip popped off again. The guy i loaned the car to had the regulator replaced, but not the glass. I just picked up a JY window, but upon installation, I found that, with the malfunctioning mechanism, my rails might have been spread a little, because the glass now catches in the front and gets out of square, increasing drag on the glass. I'm cleaning out the rails and seals to see if that helps anything. I'll let you know the results

Comment

Cleaned out the seals and lubed them up with silicone lube. Everything seems to be working fine, with only a very slight load change on the motor through the full travel.

Comment

Working...
                    X