Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tranny question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny question

I have an automatic ex. The light that shows what gear the car is in flashes but only the D ( for drive) flashes. If I put it in reverse or any other gear the D still flashes. I looked in the Haynes but found nothing. Any ideas? THanks

dude, have you searched at all

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=tcu+codes
    Last edited by crusto2k3; 10-24-2009, 12:32 AM.
    My Honda

Comment

I did some searching...either way, im thinking it might be the VSS. I drained the tranny fluid before I pulled the motor. I also pulled the radiator. Is it necessary to bleed the system? I will pull the codes in teh morning and post my findings. I did not know you could pull tranny codes like with an ECU. Im used to manual Civics. My car shifts fine a accelerates good. It seems to shift down kinda hard when slowing for a light tho. Otherwise running good.

Comment

Sorry in a hurry because my internet shuts off here at work at midnight. lol. I wanted to get my post in before it shut off. Im old enough smartass....thanks for the link.

Comment

you're welcome
          My Honda

Comment

I have had a rough day thanks for not flaming me to bad. I usually search first....im not a noob to the internet, I just got in a rush. Ill post what I find tomorrow.

Comment

word...good luck
              My Honda

Comment

code 9...nc speed sensor. It dont look to hard to replace. Now to call the parts store to see if they have it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Check the wires going to the sensor first. It may be as simple as a bad connection.

Comment

Ha Ha it was a bad connection...as in it was not even plugged in. Thats what happens when you work on a car for a week straight after it sits for 10 months and you are tired of working on it...lol. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X