Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diagnose this sound please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diagnose this sound please

Now that i have an exhaust manifold installed correctly i don't have any major leaks so i can listen to the engine run

I get this bad noise as you can hear in the video and am not sure where its coming from. Anyone have any tips? I think im going to go do a valve adjustment next but what do you think.

That Sir sounds like a spun Bering.
    Take a look at my MRT!! Thanks
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186609

Comment

try putting the plug in that goes next to the engine identification. then see if you still hear the noise.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
        try putting the plug in that goes next to the engine identification. then see if you still hear the noise.
        This noise is very loud and comes from the timing belt side of the engine so i don't think that noise is coming from there.

Wouldn't a spun bearing give me a knocking sound?

Comment

I 2nd the spun bearing. That's what mine sounded like before the knocking started.

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

Originally posted by Racer_XXX View Post
            I 2nd the spun bearing. That's what mine sounded like before the knocking started.
            Yup that's what I was going to say.
            Take a look at my MRT!! Thanks
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186609

Comment

Spun bearing in the block or the head?

Comment

Also why does the car have no power at all? A bearing wouldn't cause loss of power would it?

Comment

How's your timing belt tension/static timing? Also your compression?

Comment

Sounds like a bearing in the block if im not mistaken. That sucks!!!! That motor looks so clean

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

have u taken the timing belt cover off to see if it was slapping the cover cause thats what it kinda sounds like to me

Comment

Motor seized

fuck my life

Comment

I found out the hard way that h23's suck!
                          after 6 of them, unless your gunna rebuild them, they are crap stock!
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

So what would you reccomend i do? I want a working car i don't care THAT much about preformance so long as it runs good.

Comment

Well... You could get a stock F22 for a few hundred if you wanna call it quits with that H23. That is a full H23, correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X