Central Texas Backroads Meet/Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Texas Backroads Meet/Cruise

Well I wanted to share some of my local roads I like to go out and burn gas on and blow off steam. The fall colors are coming out well in my area. I want to meet at the Gatesville TX Wal-mart on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Walmar...Texas&t=m&z=14

I'm located a ways out from Houston and about centered between Austin and Dallas. It would be cool to have CB7tuners show up from all over Texas.

I'm open to dates and times. This post will be updated with more info as the date approaches. Proposed date & time November 17/18 at 2:00 PM meet and cruise at 3:00 PM at the location linked above in the far end of the lot. This info is subject to change based on input from other members.

The roads I want to drive on are well paved and provide a few nice twists and turns. Drive at a safe and comfortable speed and act respectful while in town and we will have no incidents.

Show up early if you need some help with minor repairs before we head out.
    Saturday
    100.00%
    Sunday
    0.00%
    Another day all together, I have plans already...
    0.00%

Reserved for roll call RSVP.

I apologize for short notice!

1.wildBill83 (Bill for short)

Comment

Good luck with this. I would love to but I think this is a bit short notice for at least some. Moving is going to eat up the next couple weekends for me, and of course turkey day after that.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

No worries, I don't mind cruising alone. Worst comes to worst I'm going to post photos of some of the roads/corners and make everyone wish they had come. Eye candy FTMFW! I'm considering hiding a camera in camo on a corner and setting it up for stop motion photos so I can get a good action shot around a corner.

I agree it is short notice, I can always reschedule. I just thought the timing was perfect for a good fall background on some photos. Also for anyone interested we can eat at a local greasy spoon called the Feed Mill and do a bonfine out on some land.

Maps will be handed out on day of cruise, this is need-to-know information and only those cruising need to know. These are my secret quiet roads afterall.

If others show interest in another date I can move it, no problems. Everyone should experience this type of zen! I just thought that since I'm smack-dab in the middle of Texas maybe we could get a good mix of CB7 owners that rarely ever meet. I plan to repeat, and if anyone is in the area and wants to hang out/cruise and it's not the date I listed I most likely am going to be happy to go.
        Last edited by wildBill83; 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

No one showed up, but I'll post photos of the road once I have free time. I want to try again in the spring time. Any suggestions on dates?

Comment

Working...
          X