Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

japan star motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do your own motormounts with McMaster Carr.come and fill them up with 94 shore compound so you won't have to use the dogbone motor mount in the front. if your going to turbo if you got money to build the motor better do it while you can. the f22 likes boost but not if its got a lot of miles on it. the h22 swap is good and reliable as long as you do it properly but everyone has one its becoming the norm. gl

Comment

The F22 doesn't "like boost". Those cast aluminum pistons break quite easily... especially after 20 decades of use. Replace the internals, and a modest turbo setup can be done on an F22A with decent success. Crank up the boost, and you're going to want to replace those stock sleeves with something more solid.

Comment

ok so lemme get this straight, u are suggesting that i buy some parts from McMaster, fab up a mount out of them and then use that Parker product to pour in and make a bushing out of? im pretty crafty in fabrication but that seems a little intense. you done this?

Comment

So i found the DIY on here about filling existing broken mounts with polymer, i like it. any way i can save money right now is good. my question, that i cant ask on the DIY cause im too "new" is, does the front mount need to be removed for turbo applications? i notice when u buy aftermarket mounts they say your front mount is no longer neccesary. do i jus fill the other three and run with it or am i good togo with all mounts inplace and then route my turbo setup?

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
            So i found the DIY on here about filling existing broken mounts with polymer, i like it. any way i can save money right now is good. my question, that i cant ask on the DIY cause im too "new" is, does the front mount need to be removed for turbo applications? i notice when u buy aftermarket mounts they say your front mount is no longer neccesary. do i jus fill the other three and run with it or am i good togo with all mounts inplace and then route my turbo setup?
            look for some of the older threads about turbo, you will find a good answer there
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

You only need to fill up three you have to ditch the dogbone Mount in the front since it will not clear the turbo assemble. I would use 94shore since its strong and will last you a couple of years. Saving money is good when quality work and quality parts are hand and hand don't cheap out to where it will compromise and cost you dealt to where you'll lose the entire investment.

Comment

H22 has arrived I haven't gotten to see it yet, had it delivered to the shop and I was out all day, but soon as I got home I started pullin out the F. Only put in a few hours of work in so far. I still gotta go get a motor stand and a engine hoist. Hopefully get it out this weekend so I can repair those mounts and then start this instal. Wondering if I should start a separate thread for this.....

Comment

I mean its been done before but make sure you ask the mods for permission and ask them which area would be best so it doesn't get delegated or moved.

Comment

If this turns into a tech thread, it will be deleted.

Comment

Post some pics of the motor so others can have an idea of the motors condition.

Also. If you fill your mounts with mcmaster, you need to be aware that the dry time is about 7 days. To fully cure.

steve

Comment

I filled the mounts on my LX, hope you don't mind vibrations.

I would also like motor pictures. Internals if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          If this turns into a tech thread, it will be deleted.
                          exactly

there are numerous threads about motor mounts
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Ok so to wrap this up, Japan star motors seems to be very legit. Free shipping right to your door, I got my H22a , t2t4 tranny and p13ecu for $2200. Haven't fired it up yet but will soon. Mike at JSM was quick with my emails and very helpful on the phone. Motor looks rough but is as described

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X