Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical Documentation For Building A RWD CB7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Both? One document for solid and the other for multi.

Honestly, I think the diff that you end up choosing will determine that.
    That would be nice.

I'm thinking that a solid rear axle would be the easier swap of the two which would require less chopping in the rear of the CB chassis. Further more, I'm learning towards the multi-link set-up offering better performance and stability due to many factors. Time to compare rear suspension layouts.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I can't help but imagine the process would be just as hard, if not easier, to go mid engine rwd. Civics, integras, del sols, and crxs all have been converted to rwd with a mid engine setup. Get a front clip from another accord, cut out the rear, strip down the front clip to subframes, and weld it in. You'd keep front fabrication down to a minimum and the chassis would be more in tune with the torsion forces encountered, reducing the bracing needed to a minimum. And then, you could grab it from a 3.0cl and have the ability to mount a v6

Comment

Originally posted by willbill642 View Post
        I can't help but imagine the process would be just as hard, if not easier, to go mid engine rwd. Civics, integras, del sols, and crxs all have been converted to rwd with a mid engine setup. Get a front clip from another accord, cut out the rear, strip down the front clip to subframes, and weld it in. You'd keep front fabrication down to a minimum and the chassis would be more in tune with the torsion forces encountered, reducing the bracing needed to a minimum. And then, you could grab it from a 3.0cl and have the ability to mount a v6
        That's also an option.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This is definitely a project that I'm trying to see through to the end.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            This is definitely a project that I'm trying to see through to the end.
            You better, I'm tired of seeing all these projects go to the wind and not a single person actually have a running RWD CB7

Comment

Originally posted by willbill642 View Post
              You better, I'm tired of seeing all these projects go to the wind and not a single person actually have a running RWD CB7
              I have the knowledge and skill.

Currently I don't have the resources. As soon as I get those, you'll have a prized RWB CB7. I'm currently trying to get settled in a new place, and as soon as I do, this is one of my main focuses.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Okay, so I have a line on enough affordable garage space to pull this off.

Now, is there any volunteers out here in SoCAL who could help assist me with completely stripping a CB coupe down to its bare ass?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I have my eye on this!

As soon as I get a job, I'll pick it or another like it up. The quest will continue.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

not to stray it to off topic but there is a guy in reno that did an AWD civic with CRV parts i believe. what about that?

visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                      not to stray it to off topic but there is a guy in reno that did an AWD civic with CRV parts i believe. what about that?[/YOUTUBE]
                      Anything is possible with enough time, money, and resources.

I think I'll have some time now to do a build looking ahead, I'm networking to gain additional resources, and the money, well...

Since I don't have a full shop to do custom builds at my disposal, this will be an in-house style build. They typically take longer and more patience.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                        Anything is possible with enough time, money, and resources.

I think I'll have some time now to do a build looking ahead, I'm networking to gain additional resources, and the money, well...

Since I don't have a full shop to do custom builds at my disposal, this will be an in-house style build. They typically take longer and more patience.
                        oh i hear ya. im looking into buying a shed to use as a motor shop so i can tear down an H22
                        visit vgruk

Comment

If the option for using the rear subframe out of a Vette doesn't pan out, I'm looking into the rear subframe of a Miata used in conjunction with a GM differential.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Well, no need to keep the documentation going on here. If anyone is interested, you know how to locate me.

I'll continue with my black and white composition book, my computer, my tracing and grid paper, and the soon to lease garage space. If anyone in SoCal cares to see the progress, get at me.
                            Last edited by Straight Success; 08-31-2015, 08:22 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

The comp book is a great tool. Can we still get the major progress updates?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'll drop pictures here and there.

The first pictures will be of the garage space / work space, followed by the car (most likely a '92 or '93 coupe), then the tear down...

After that, it's no stopping.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X