Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running with #3 wire off, now no spark!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running with #3 wire off, now no spark!!

SO i was coming home from work and i pulled out hard from a stop, hit second and it felt like i blew a piston! Running rough as hell i pulled over and checked, but could'nt find anything so i was only about .5 miles from my house and i just kept driving, mad slow, and about 500 feet from my drive way it decides to just die.

I had mad smoke coming from the steering colum under the hood Found that the # 3 spark plug wire fell off the cap!

So i basically ran it for .5 miles on 3 cylinders.Did i cause eng damage???

I just replaced the wires/plugs and got a used dizzy for $60 with a good rotor in it. My main relay clicks and works, i have no codes CEL. I have no spark and the smoke coming from the steering colum gets me!!

I NEED HELP! Anyone?
    90 Panda DX F22A6

Bump
    90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

Did you check fuses? Anything else not working?

Comment

a spark plug being unplugged should not cause smoke to be present, your simply creating an open in the circuit and not burning the fuel, in the cylinder. Judging by you saying you had smoke coming in the cabin tells me that you smoked something.

Ive driven for miles on 3 cylinder, plugged it back in and been on my way. Id check for codes and start looking for burned up wires up the engine bay but more so under the dash since thats where the smoke was coming from.

good luck!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

when you put the spark plug wire back on did the car start running again? as of right now is the car moving ? does it turn on at all?
          AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
          JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
            when you put the spark plug wire back on did the car start running again? as of right now is the car moving ? does it turn on at all?
            OK, so i checked all grounds, i have no codes. I plugged the wire back on and still nothing, ive done everything except the main relay, and replacing the ecu. I cant find burnt wires under the dash, or in the engine bay. I get power and ground to the ignitor, and i have power to the ecu, and still i get nothing.
            90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

what did the smoke smell like, ie... oil, coolant, electronics etc...

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                what did the smoke smell like, ie... oil, coolant, electronics etc...
                it smelled like my cat burning up...kinda like burnt/carbon/exhaust smell...def not burning plastic. It looked like it was coming from the top of the cat, but it was really faint.

I really think its my icm in the new dizzy i got.
                90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

No lie it might be your coil. the one that the spark plug wire that goes from that little black thing stright to the dist. just test it, it kind of sounds like the problem when mine went out

Comment

Coil blew up, grab a new one and you'll be good.
                    wat?

Comment

Working...
                    X