Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What Oil you running on your boost setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Oil you running on your boost setup?

Ok. Every one that has a boost set up, what type of oil are you running? Brand? Weight? Reason?

I hear desiel oil works the best for boost applications, thats of course if your boosting alot/BIG hp.

Ex. Chev Delo. Etc..

wow no one?

Comment

You are likely to get less replies because you didn't post in the Forced induction section.
      Moved for you.

To the original question - I used 10W30 Honda FEO oil.
      And also used 0W20 Honda LEO a few times.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

10w40 normally for everyday driving but when it comes to raceing i up it to 15w40.i dont think it really makes a differance on 10w 0r 15w as thats when the oil is cold but i dont care...as for brand its pensoil, mobile or castrol depends on which is on sale at the time.

my new turbo build

Comment

hmmm i thinking of running deisel oil. the Delo brand of the Shell deisiel oil. i have friends that use that when they boost there cars and its reliable, heavier duty and last longer. But then again i hear that castrol Egde is great for boost applications.

Comment

I run Castrol 20w50

Comment

AMSOIL Dominator 10w30 with a WIX filter (high ZDDP).
              2007 Ford Focus - FSWerks Stg 2 Turbocharged - 12.93 @ 105mph.
              Old #s - 230/215, New #s - ???/???

Special Thanks to

Comment

Oil weight selection comes down to bearing clearances you went with on your build, If you have factory clearances I recommend 10w40 with a good quality full synthetic oil that has a high zinc content such at Torco SR-1 or SR-5. Zinc will help protect engine bearings and other crucial engine components for high performance use.

Most over the counter oils today do no have much zinc and are more intended for factory based emission controlled vehicles that will not be seeing much performance use such as your setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Julio@Bisimoto View Post
                  Oil weight selection comes down to bearing clearances you went with on your build, If you have factory clearances I recommend 10w40 with a good quality full synthetic oil that has a high zinc content such at Torco SR-1 or SR-5. Zinc will help protect engine bearings and other crucial engine components for high performance use.

Most over the counter oils today do no have much zinc and are more intended for factory based emission controlled vehicles that will not be seeing much performance use such as your setup.
                  Yep. We can thank the gooberment for that one.

If you don't want to shell out the higher cost of ZDDP oil, you can add a bottle of STP 4 cylinder oil treatment to your usual oil. The STP contains a good bit of ZDDP additive.

Special Thanks to

Comment

Rotella T 15w40 is the best oil my engine builder recomends for high boosted engines such as my 4g63.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Rotella for break in and mobile one 10-30 for everyday.
                      L8r
                      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                      01-01-2019

Comment

yeah i hear rotella is really good and most likely thats what ima go with chev delo brand.

Mobile one i hear is terrible for boost applications. i am going with 20-50 as far as weight.

Comment

The rotella is not just for break in, As for my car and engine build. The oil does not have detergents in it, so it better lubricates. Their is no need for the detergents if you change your oil when needed. For most people they need a oil that cleans out sludge buildup.
                          In my case I needed a great lubricating oil that does not break down under extreme temperatures for my DD.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                            I needed a great lubricating oil that does not break down under extreme temperatures
                            This is the same reason I switched to AMSOIL Dominator oil.

Special Thanks to

Comment

Rotella 10W40 for break in
                              10w40 AMS Oil for driving
                              Last edited by tutsuo; 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM.
                              Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X