Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OE flushmount questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Education

I loved the post, keep posting interesting posts. I will be a regular reader...

UKEssayPapers

Comment

Nice to see flushies are still desired. I was the one that started the whole project with jack_Lee in producing the reps. I sold one of my 3 oe ones to his buddy in malaysia back years ago. And he made reps of them. I wonder sometimes if that was the wrong move. Selling a oe to be made into reps as it makes the fun of finding the oem ones less elusive. But then for the pricei sold it for id do it again.. But at same time Find it harder to sell oe ones nowadays then back then when no reps were being made.
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I'm jealous, I've been looking for an OE flushmount for a couple months now with little to no luck. Maybe i'm just not looking in the right places??

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
          I wonder sometimes if that was the wrong move. Selling a oe to be made into reps as it makes the fun of finding the oem ones less elusive. But then for the price i sold it for id do it again.. But at same time Find it harder to sell oe ones nowadays then back then when no reps were being made.

I'm 50/50 on reps. I like that fact that the reps will preserve these hard to find items from not being accessible anymore. On the other side of it, I agree it makes selling originals harder or less valued for what they are.

I'm disappointed to see elusive Sigma kit copies showing up here and there. On the flip side nothing can match the originals since they are Urethane. I've got offered decent money for my East-Bear front grille but I keep asking myself if I really want to see clones of these spread like wildfire on e-bay?

I really want to put on my authentic G-Square front lip however being that is fiberglass scares me enough to consider buying a copy and storing the original.

Our cars are getting to be old classics. For some of the OG's looking to drive their CB to their Graves like me, should start stocking up on some hard to find items b4 they are really extinct or get even more expensive. I was really surprised to see how much virgin OEM 90-91 chrome lined JDM headlights, 92-93 headlights and JDM curved fogs for 90-93s go for nowadays.

There was a time where brand new Malaysian reps could be found...but I think that may have been a limited run as I don't see them that much anymore on e-bay. I think the desire sparked up like the 92-93 red/clear tails that went extinct for awhile and then came back.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
          1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude
          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
            Looks good, This is why I sold my OEM Flush Mount and bought a Replica.

The replica looks exactly the same and the paint is flawless.

I had a nicely painted OEM black flushmount and was pissed when my coworker leaned on my car and cracked it. The OE is soft and gives in a little if u push it hard enough. I agree that the replica is better in this respect as it doesn't flex. I just wouldn't do a replica when it comes to lip spoilers or sideskirts due to rocks chipping and the scare of bottoming out and braking them all together.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
            1994 Prelude V-Tec
            1999 CL 3.0
            2000 Prelude
            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
            1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by jamin_jacob View Post

i cut n molded a acura vigor one to fit ! yours looks really good by the way
              Part of me really likes it... part of me is like ummm wth. lol could we see more pics of it? it's definitely an eye catcher though.

Comment

From what I was told and what I read on here is that the O.E ones actually start to sag because of the metal that actually serves at the support for the whole spoiler.

Believe or not I came across two up my way when I lived in NH. One was on a fully loaded 91 coupe that I saw at a local farm stand and the second one was going for a $150 at a local yard.

I wish I would have jumped on that one from the yard..seeing as a full o.e one goes for almost twice the money nowadays.

Shit I can't even score a decent set of JDM headlamps anymore.. I sold a set of 90-91s for $150 to SteelBlueSleeper a couple years back when I found a set at a local yard.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Wow... people still want the oem flushmount?

Debating if I should sell the one I have sitting on a shelf. I bought it from lummieCB7 around 10 years ago. I started to refinish it and then left it on a shelf.

Comment

wow didnt know you could peel back the rubber on the flushy. orange one looks cool.

Comment

OE and there are reps. jack_Lee.
                      ight. I'll be mindful of this... Can't wait to get one

Comment

Working...
                      X