EXT: Custom LED Side Markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
    Ya, having a lense fabbed up would look nice...I'd make it an amber lense though. I was actually thinking about using a flat-topped LED instead. Something like this:

Something you might try. Use the flat tip LED's and get soem transparent BLACK paint and paint the tips. THey light will still shine bright but when they are no tlight up, you will NEVER see them.

I will post pics of this done on the 1939 Chevy we did Monday.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok. its kinda hard to see. but her eis the video of the lights on the Chevy.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqSZdCn8Mvw

And here is a pic of how it looks, sine the vidoe didnt turn out that good.

Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 04-24-2006, 06:54 PM.
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ya, saw the vid.....they look invisible in that pic Good job though, nice and discreet.
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
          they look invisible in that pic

That's the point.
          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

truly genious

ive always wanted sidemarkers without the oval one, but didnt know what to do

now youve given me inspiration

great write up and good thinkin man

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

Damn that is SEXY! Very Badass. Would add nicely to the sleeper look that so many of us are trying for. Sleeper by day, Beast by sundown. LOL

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys...

I've been getting some specific questions regarding the wiring. It's very simple, just follow the diagram on page one EXACTLY.....and they'll work fine. I had to go through a bit of trial and error before I got them working properly. I fried some LEDs and whatnot......just remember, when soldering DO NOT apply heat for more than a second or two. Otherwise, you will detroy/damage the LED. The solder info is listed on the LED specs.

Example:
                Lead Soldering Temperature : 240°C (<5Sec)
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

nice job....

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
                    nice job....
                    Thanks a lot!
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

just have a question , its kinda off topic But its about LED's and I know nothing about them soo im askin here since u seem to know alot ,

There is a trick to do with your bumper lights wiring them up to the corner lights and having them stay on as driving lights or kinda fog lights , but ive heard that doing that DIY causes your factory harness to each bumper light to burn out after a while from the strain of the lights , Could it be possible to wire a series of LEDS drilled and sealed into the top or even around the bumper light bulbs like halo style , and have them run off the corner lights up top as well and have LED fog/driving lights that dont draw hardly anything from harness ?? just wondering if people think this is possible , an idea i had might try it , just want some opinions please

Thanks
                      -Sean- Noxidea
                      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

oh yeah , I dont expect them to have any range im saying more for a looks thing not an actual FOG lamp , unless it is possible to make them have range

LOL
                        Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

That thought had crossed my mind, and I'm sure it's possible. The lenses would have to be opened up, drilled, and re-assembled carefully to get a clean look. I might actaully experiment on an old clear bumper lense that I have lying around.
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

That sounds like a neat idea sean...so are you wanting to have LEDs in the corners AND the bumpers?? If your gonna do that, you could almost just go with an LED bulb anyway, cuz thats what ima do. Ima replace all my factory bulbs with LEDs from superbrightleds.com. I like the look, theyre brighter and theyre safer.

If you figure it out or come up with somehting, let us know or maybe even write up a DIY of your own.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                            X