Get your Seatbelts replaced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your Seatbelts replaced!

FOR 90-91s w/ Motorized belts...see post 28 for more info if your belts are faulty

I just came from the Honda dealer with brand new belts! If yours are not retracting all the way or stay out when you pull them....then thats something Honda will cover free of charge for the lifetime of the car regardless if you're the first owner or not. They feel like Silk! badass...I even got to check out the new CR-Z when I was waiting. They even do all the labor for you so you can chill in the lounge eating coffee and donuts looking at all the cute receptionists Just wanted to keep everyone safe out there

Last edited by Losiracer2; 02-24-2011, 02:51 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Awesome.. I got one question tho. How do you eat coffee?
    Xbox: cityslika4g63

Comment

Originally posted by bustedhonda View Post
      Keep brewing it in the pot and don't drink any of it. Over time (this may take months, that's how much of a specialty it is) the water evaporates leaving a thick sludge in the bottom of the pot that you can eat with either a spoon or a chisel, depending on how frequently you checked the pot to add more fluid.

Alternatively, make some toast and butter it, then spread coffee grounds over it. Mmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by bustedhonda View Post
        Whoops! haha i messed up the order of those two items...I brought a breakfast burrito in addition though haha
        Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
        Keep brewing it in the pot and don't drink any of it. Over time (this may take months, that's how much of a specialty it is) the water evaporates leaving a thick sludge in the bottom of the pot that you can eat with either a spoon or a chisel, depending on how frequently you checked the pot to add more fluid.

Alternatively, make some toast and butter it, then spread coffee grounds over it. Mmmmm.
        it was fresh, not that stale! haha Donuts were delivered right when I got there at 730am...took them about 2 hrs to do the belts though....luckily they had a 50" plasma TV w/ the Big Bang Theory playing...so that made use of the time nicely.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Haha I was just busting your chops. Its all good I knew what you was trying to say.

Im going to have to get this done to mine. Wonder if the will change them to black or gray for me since thats what im changing the interior too
          Xbox: cityslika4g63

Comment

I wonder if they do that for automatic seatbelts. They do have a lifetime warranty like all Honda seatbelts, but I've heard many dealers don't carry them.
            Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
            2005 Acura TSX 6MT
            2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

They cover the buckles as well. Getting mine replaced on the coupe with no charge as well.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                I wonder if they do that for automatic seatbelts. They do have a lifetime warranty like all Honda seatbelts, but I've heard many dealers don't carry them.
                They don't cover the motors or belt moving mechanisms. They do cover the belts and retractors. My dealer had to order them and it took like a week for them to come in.

Comment

I've been meaning to go and change my belts for the longest. I will eventually.
                  I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                  Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  My coupe!!!
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                  Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Just to add. I think i've said this in a couple of threads where this topic has come up.

Don't just go in and say, "I want to get my seat belts replaced".
                    There has to be a legitimate reason/cause.
                    If the seat belt is not retracting or going back like it should, try cleaning the belt first.

If you do get them replaced, they get shipped to TK Holdings for inspection, only to find out they were just "dirty", you are going to get charged back.
                    I've seen it happen.
                    Specially now that American Honda is cracking down on Warranty Claims.

But some dealerships are different than others. Maybe your local dealership doesnt care about Warranty Audits and you might just luck out.

Comment

I went to my local dealer about two weeks ago with the intention of getting new belts because my retractors don't work and the driver's side is torn and frayed. I was told that Honda stopped making belts years ago so there's nothing they can do. Even after I brought up the warranty the guy said there's nothing they could do. Should I just try another Honda dealer?

Underground.Society
                      Originally posted by Deevergote
                      If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                        I went to my local dealer about two weeks ago with the intention of getting new belts because my retractors don't work and the driver's side is torn and frayed. I was told that Honda stopped making belts years ago so there's nothing they can do. Even after I brought up the warranty the guy said there's nothing they could do. Should I just try another Honda dealer?
                        You should get a lawyer THEN walk back in there... Suddenly they find backstock of seatbelts. Dozens of members have had there seatbelt systems replaced you just have to "sway" them to see it your way.
                        -Will

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                          Just to add. I think i've said this in a couple of threads where this topic has come up.

Don't just go in and say, "I want to get my seat belts replaced".
                          There has to be a legitimate reason/cause.
                          If the seat belt is not retracting or going back like it should, try cleaning the belt first.

If you do get them replaced, they get shipped to TK Holdings for inspection, only to find out they were just "dirty", you are going to get charged back.
                          I've seen it happen.
                          Specially now that American Honda is cracking down on Warranty Claims.

But some dealerships are different than others. Maybe your local dealership doesnt care about Warranty Audits and you might just luck out.
                          I was going to mention this, My dealership just got audited, so we are extremely strict on what we are covering under warranty now.

Comment

I heard the dealers down here are getting strict on warrenty replacement stuff. so my seat belts gotta wait

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Acuras better, not only did they fix my seatbelts for free but I also got a 2010 TL loaner car for 4 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X