Man i-phone woes lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man i-phone woes lol

Who here has an Iphone-6 is it really that serious. Is the phone really worth standing on the line for. I seen some random guy on the internet drop his and everyone went off.

Have you checked eBay for ridiculous prices people are paying for those things? Man it's just not that deep, imo.

Like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone...p2047675.l2557

Are you serious?!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      Who here has an Iphone-6 is it really that serious. Is the phone really worth standing on the line for. I seen some random guy on the internet drop his and everyone went off.
      Your grammar is atrocious.
      Last edited by FuriousJDMLBM; 09-21-2014, 06:41 PM. Reason: Editted to include OP's quote.

Comment

just shows how petty and vain people are.

I cant wait to get my quadcore snapdragon Oneplus one.

Comment

Apple has been the only phone not to fail me after a year so I would say it could be worth it when all the ridiculous hype is over and it is more like $300.

I have had Android the last few years and it sucks. They just seem to be slow, will not let me press the call button, freezes all the damn time, all 3 of my Android phones would not read any of my SD cards, so many ridiculous glitches after a few months of light use. I am done with everything else but Apple.
          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Some have been selling here for $1500' crazy in my opinion.

Years ago I ran a tech magazine, one of the shows we produced covered Apple products. I lined up for the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, and the first iPad. Fast forward 3 years since closing that business down and I still have my horribly beaten up 4S.

I'll upgrade to the 6+, once I can walk into a store and buy one without waiting in line.

Comment

I have a Moto X running Android 4.4. I love this phone, and everything from the display options (widgets!) to the user interface is way better than the iPhone 5 or 5s.

No doubt the iPhone 6 has caught up with the previously released competition (Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC, Moto X), but it will be out of date again once the price does drop to reasonable amounts ($300 to $500).
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I'm getting one when my upgrade rolls around in December...I've owned androids, several windows phones but no iPhones. I may even get the plus and I think phablets are silly, but the more I see myself using my phone for productivity, the more sane it looks. Or the Note 4 is right around the corner too...hmmmm

XRCN: Androids do seem to get extremely slow the longer you own them, just like windows phones. The beauty of Android is that people make modified roms and clean out all that stock garbage and bloatware. So it's like having a new phone everytime a rom comes out.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  XRCN: Androids do seem to get extremely slow the longer you own them, just like windows phones. The beauty of Android is that people make modified roms and clean out all that stock garbage and bloatware. So it's like having a new phone everytime a rom comes out.
                  The slowness is now nothing to the glitches, even after I did a hard reset they are all still there.

One of the issues I have is if I try and call someone and when I press the button nothing happens, so I keep pressing it repetitively until it does call them. After I hang up with the call it will try and call the person again 50 times. It has become a real PITA.

It will freeze a lot of times to the point where just simply powering down does nothing so I have to remove the battery.

I try and put an SD card in the phone and have it "formatted" for the phone and it does not work. Third time now and numerous different SD cards.

My first Android the screen turned black on half the screen then all of the screen just 5 days after the warranty expired. Still no idea why it did that.

Apps like to open themselves up slowing down everything.

I had this issue where "car mode" would just spontaneously start up and every time it would put the calls into speaker automatically, and sometimes would turn speaker mode on randomly after I turned it off. And it would close it self unexpectedly taking me out of what I was doing. Finally got that fixed.

Some texts box on the internet, such as passwords, would not work.

Key board likes to not work a lot so I have to turn the phone off and on every fucking time.

Regarding Microsoft, I do not have first hand experience with the phones, but with my Surface tablet, I go "aww shit" every time I see an update since they usually bring more bugs than fix.

Damn! Typing that up really made me mad. So my next phone will be an I-Phone which lasted me 3 years until I dropped it hard enough to crack the screen, but was working great before that. I just have Androids since my mom worked at T-Mobile for awhile and they had special discounts for employees and my cheap nature steered me towards Android. Now I have no reason to stick with Android, I am FREE! Except the BMW keeps me poor.
                  Last edited by XCRN; 09-21-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

i tihnk the 6+ was selling at 3000 usd in hong kong when it first came out. chinese people are mad...but then again a lot of it is probably just corrupt money
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I buy premium android products like the nexus, transformers, and galaxy lines. With android phones you must get the top of the line model if you expect an experience besting an iphone. You can't expect an off brand. In my experiences I'm usually showing iUsers what my devices do that theirs don't. Top of the line androids have better hardware and external features than iOfferings. Can you even put a microSD in an iPhone yet without an expensive proprietary adapter? How about HDMI out right on the phone? Also apple completely missed the point of multitasking.

Comment

At this point, most smartphones go far beyond the needs of most users. I have the iPhone 5s right now, and honestly, I have no desire for anything fancier. The only draw of the 6 is that it's slightly shorter (I HATE the increased size of the 5!)

I'd say the 6 is worth getting if you get it cheap as an upgrade from your service provider. I would never pay market price for an iPhone!

The whole iPhone vs. Android argument is exactly the same as the Mac vs. PC argument.
                        The Apple products come at a premium price, and offer fewer options. They are more difficult to customize. The upside is that the Apple products are consistent. Every iPhone 6 has the same components, the same structure, the same design. Each iOS and all apps are designed to work specifically with the hardware, so there is no variation in performance based on what your device is made of.

When it comes to computers, I like the varied options that a PC gives me. I like to be able to swap out hardware at will, and I like that Windows offers the widest range of software.
                        When it comes to phones, I prefer the iPhone. It does all that I need it to do, and I like that there's no guesswork involved. I don't have to wonder if I have the best version of the iPhone 5s, because every iPhone 5s is the same (aside from storage space... the only option.) I do wish there was microSD and HDMI support, though!

Comment

I actually had Galaxies that gave me the problems.

Even an I-Phone 3 would be good for me. I mainly use call, text, and internet when there is no Wi-Fi for my tablet and having the mobile hotspot is something I love, the one thing that worked right on my current phone. That consistency and reliability is well worth the lack of options to me.

Comment

I used to be into that "look how much my phone can do!!" mentality...now I just want it to work, consistently, whenever I need and not throw any fits in the middle of important stuff.

Do I really need 8 cores, 3gb ram, hdmi, surround sound, 4k, built into my phone? No, but it looks nice on paper. I guess if you're into the mobile gaming/video watching thing it's worth it. I just want music, books, and useful apps.

Also, the iPhone is considered a status symbol like buying a higher end car...or a Prius (lol) and that plays a big role in the pricing as well
                            Last edited by sonikaccord; 09-22-2014, 05:07 PM. Reason: grammar fail

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

That is true.
                              You can pay a ton of money for a Mercedes Benz just for the status. The quality is there, at least while the car is new (iPhones, like Benzes, tend to be pretty crappy once they start to wear out!)
                              OR you could pay less for a Kia with a great warranty and lots of fun features. The Kia won't be a status symbol. Most people probably wouldn't even know what it was (just like Droids... people that don't care about smartphones can identify an iPhone on sight usually, but even I don't know the difference from one droid to the next!)
                              In the end, either the Benz or the Kia will still get you from point A to point B. In the end, either the Drioid or the iPhone will let you call, text, take pictures, play games, surf the internet, etc...

I like my iPhone, but I don't really consider it to be a status symbol. I don't think I'm special for having one. It's just the thing I carry around to communicate and entertain myself. I know a lot of people need to have the fanciest one to show off, though.

To compare phones to cars again... like the cars of today, the phones are all so incredibly capable that any further improvements are more for bragging rights and fanboy boners.
                              These days, blazing fast processors, ultra crisp displays, surround sound... they're about as useful as a 700hp Hellcat. Brag-worthy, for sure. But the people that actually have a genuine need for something like that are few and far between!

Comment

Working...
                              X