Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is a secondary place to wire radio or custom gauges, dims with radio output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is a secondary place to wire radio or custom gauges, dims with radio output?

I just got some good speakers all the way around. So now i can turn up my radio. My three prosport gauges now dim with radio cause it is hooked in to same wire as radio. I am installing an mini-amp tomorrow behind radio and wanted to re-route that gauge power or radio/amp power so this annoying thing stops. Where is a good secondary place to route this, anyone know? Maybe the cigarette lighter power am guessing possibly.is that still in parallel to the radio in the wiring possibly? If that is case then does no help as still splitting peak needed volts when radio is turned up.
    Last edited by zedjr10; 03-10-2019, 03:32 AM.

Wire it directly into the fuse box using a female spade connector

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What mini amp? Alpine power pack?

You can wire the gauge to the cigarette lighter, but it’s gonna be full on bright when the cars on.

The cigarette lighter is not hooked up to the dimmer switch. If that was the case, you’d have a wonky phone charger or whatever you have in the cig socket.

If you need it, the illumination wire is orange/white if the radio is aftermarket, and red/black on the factory harness.

Of its an aftermarket radio, you can just power the gauge off the red wire. Or if factory - the yellow/red wire.

The radio amplifier get power directly from the battery. The ignition wire is just used to turn the radio on when you turn the key.

If I’m totally off base here lemme know, cause I’m not gonna lie, that was hard as shit to read.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        What mini amp? Alpine power pack?

You can wire the gauge to the cigarette lighter, but it’s gonna be full on bright when the cars on.

The cigarette lighter is not hooked up to the dimmer switch. If that was the case, you’d have a wonky phone charger or whatever you have in the cig socket.

If you need it, the illumination wire is orange/white if the radio is aftermarket, and red/black on the factory harness.

Of its an aftermarket radio, you can just power the gauge off the red wire. Or if factory - the yellow/red wire.

The radio amplifier get power directly from the battery. The ignition wire is just used to turn the radio on when you turn the key.

If I’m totally off base here lemme know, cause I’m not gonna lie, that was hard as shit to read.
        i think i was drunk when i wrote it. Sorry. I checked and cig lighter is on a separate 15 amp fuse. So I was also planning on hooking up my pioneer mini-amp there. It requires a 15amp or higher line. Since my speaker power will now be going thru cig lighter line via the amp. My 3 prosport gauges shouldn't flicker like they do now.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
          i think i was drunk when i wrote it. Sorry. I checked and cig lighter is on a separate 15 amp fuse. So I was also planning on hooking up my pioneer mini-amp there. It requires a 15amp or higher line. Since my speaker power will now be going thru cig lighter line via the amp. My 3 prosport gauges shouldn't flicker like they do now.
          Can I have the model of that pioneer? Curious

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
            Can I have the model of that pioneer? Curious
            It is a pioneer gm-d1004 . The alpine power pack is almost the same exact thing.

Comment

Okay cool. You’re not going to accessory power for that anyway. Just 12v constant. Don’t hook the power wire of the amp up to the cigarette lighter is what I’m saying. Hook up the remote turn on to the cigarette lighter if you wanna.

Comment

It was the ground causing this problem with gauge lights flickering with beat of radio. I made it's own ground to battery and no more annoying flickering. And new sound system is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X