• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have started on her,

"Self Renewed"

Comment

Lots and lots of rust
      Awesome pick up and find man. Can't wait to see this beauty finished!

Comment

tt sbc

I have found wrenchcraft , and banks that sell what I am needing for my build on my 68 with the flaw of having to buy a whole kit or engine. Nelson racing has all the parts sorted out so I can personalize my own build and specs: but their site never allows me to purchase anything.

I have no issues with fabrication and I need help finding reputable part companies, that will stand behind their products.

I am very familiar with forced induction as I have built from the ground up 3 times my 4cyl 4g63t, pushing a little over 500 crank hp to all 4 wheels.
        I understand the nesecity for a quality parts made to withstand abuse and last. I cannot emphisize this enough. I do not want forign ebay junk.

With all my searching I am finding it hard to find anything I need. Wrenchcraft seems over priced for a couple of easily accesable turbonetic journal and ball bearing turbo's.
        I want a SMIM a good set of cast manifolds that will last as well as keep the heat in where i want it. Buying these parts indivvidually is what I desire.
        Please help me source a american reputable co.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

The time is right,
          and He's excited

apparently Gabriel discovered he could wetsand the rust off and make the colors match again

The amount of work here, is a bit worse than even I had expected,

He's getting to use his first dynabrade sander,

getting to good clean metal and using the cleaner and converter along with the por15 to create a barrier forever between the old and new.

I had to completely fabricate the windshield are and decided to shave the front and rear window moldings in the process making a flush fit glass.

sandblasted, and wow did that suck, never again!!!!!! metal prepped and etched primed, just to keep it from rusting down here in tn, before I could finish working on it.

"Self Renewed"

Comment

I don't have to explain how much work has gone on here..........

This is a very possible direction in color I may be taking this baby.
            I did this piece with the 3 main colors that will be used.

Lots of midevil blacksmithing going on here

I wire wheeled and cleaned up all the internals of the quarter, with the por15 system.
            This is going to be a DD so lizard skin sound control everywhere! this is the first coat I will be putting 2 coats and then a 3rd of the ceramic heat control lizard skin.

the quarter panil is roughed in and featherfilled.

next, doing it all over again........... I can't wait to be finished with welding!! I'm a painter and all this metal working is a nice break, but not at all fun to me or Gabriel!

por15'd ect ect..lol

"Self Renewed"

Comment

I'm going to add the videos in relative order in which they were made.

http://youtu.be/PcdpocOOK_0

http://youtu.be/av-D1kF_16c

http://youtu.be/EqRtnxod9NY

http://youtu.be/qipIyMFL-nY

http://youtu.be/7LVz7hqKESs
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Suspension time comes... air bag it!
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Comment

Nice progress man, love these big old cars.

Vinyl tops are evil, as you very well may know now. Glad to see you were able to rebuild those window frames, the flush glass is going to look great!
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

so awesome man!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

I'm glad you're finally working on this, and it's awesome that you're having you son help you! you're definitely putting in work, but doing it the right way.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

flushed front and rear windows and feather filled black.

"Self Renewed"

Comment

cut welded, cleaned and por15'd

"Self Renewed"

Comment

"Self Renewed"

Comment

the work you have done on this car is incredible. I'm sure anyone here can agree. i know your not some old fart thats been doing this for 40 years too. so i just wanted to say its great for car guys that and new generation is stepping into the shoes of the previous generations. great work and i hope you see it through to a glorious end.

-sean
                                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                                X