Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Drag wheel options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag wheel options?

Can a 13" wheel fit around the brakes?

Also if anyone wants to post up what they run just for comparison sake

13 inch wheel will not fit, I tried some 13x10 Dc2 integra slicks. They were weld drag wheels, and it did not clear the brake caliper. I don't know about any other wheel.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

13" wouldn't really be that great for drag anyway. 14" and 15" are more common/cheaper slick sizes, and smaller wheels just mean the tire weighs more (if keeping the same outer diameter).

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

A wide, lightweight 15" wheel is pretty much your best bet. Address further traction issues with suspension upgrades and modulated power delivery (feathering the clutch, or boost by gear ECU tuning.)

Comment

There are many more options for 13's than 14's. The point is to have the most sidewall possible

Both these cars are on 13's and run damn good on them

Comment

Pretty sure the smallest you can run is a 14 due to the brake caliper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon22 View Post
              There are many more options for 13's than 14's. The point is to have the most sidewall possible

Both these cars are on 13's and run damn good on them
              Indeed, but 13s will not fit on your car... so advice was given taking that fact into consideration.

Good luck with your project.

Comment

Alright thanks guys, just another cb7 limitation. Shooting for 10's next year

Comment

14's fit, I think you could get 13's to fit with a smaller caliper.

It looks like ek civics can run 13's, so use whatever caliper they run on the front. Iirc, the caliper on the front of my cb7 and dc2 are the same, so maybe the em1/ek coupe has the same size, maybe that particular wheel is thin enough to fit.
                  sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Found some 15x8 circle track wheels to fit. Now to make some custom fenders

Comment

Just so you're aware. Those wheels have a 45 degree conical seat. Stock is 60 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                        Just so you're aware. Those wheels have a 45 degree conical seat. Stock is 60 degrees.
                        Good call. I hadn't checked that yet, still in mock up stage

Comment

im new to this but i want to know what parts of a F23A1 wil fit mi F22A6

Comment

Originally posted by JOSUE01 View Post
                            im new to this but i want to know what parts of a F23A1 wil fit mi F22A6
                            Then why did you invade a completely off-topic thread in which to ask that question?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

[/URL]

Here is how it looks. 15x8, 5 inch backspace. 24.5x8.5 MH slick

Comment

Working...
                              X