Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Skunk2 Alpha Throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 Alpha Throttle body

Hey guys, Does anyone have any experience with putting a Skunk2 Alpha 70mm Throttle body on their H manifold?

I did this mod as well as port matching the manifold to it and i cant get the damn car to run right now.

It spits and hesitates under load now and keeps throwing a code 7 (TPS circuit) replaced the TPS sensor and calibrated as good as I could get it (.487v idle and 4.587V WOT) This it with the TPS clocked as far as it can go without elongating the mounting holes on it

Anyone have any ideas?

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Check the connector for damage.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Connector seems to be in decent shape. The tab is broke on it tho so it could potentially come loose, but its been broken for a long time and the little amount of electrical grease i have in there has kept it kinda suctioned together. I will get a new connector to try that out tho

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Put one on a car and had nothing but problems.

It stuck open and we couldn't even get it driving because S2 apparently couldn't be bothered to machine it properly from the factory.

That said, it is a HUGE increase in volume and the ECU might not be able to handle it.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Kinda what i was thinking... Might just be too much air for it right now Guess it will have to wait till i get my S300 in to tune it for this thing, my (finally fixed!)bisi header, and the dsm injectors. ugh

8 Accords so far:

Comment

This is kinda usefull.. hmm i might try this quick fix and see how it turns out

Honda Tech Skunk2 Throttle Body design problem

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Working...
            X