New distributor still leaks from cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New distributor still leaks from cam?

I put on a new o-ring on distributor. That still leaked and dizzy was old so i got a new one. That one leaked also from cam well it seems. I read that sometimes it leaks from that screw or those two tiny screw holes on bottom of dizzy. Is this true. I am thinking about just jamming 2 o-rings up in the there where normally the one o-ring seal is and see what happens. What could be going on here. It doesn't leak into the dizzy. IS oil getting into the dizzy shaft and then flowing out the cam well from dizzy side? Could the dizzy be too tightly mounted?
    Last edited by zedjr10; 09-30-2019, 03:05 PM.

I hate to tell you to take it apart again, but I suggest that you inspect the groove surfaces on the distributor and head for damage that may be allowing oil to leak past the o-ring.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      I hate to tell you to take it apart again, but I suggest that you inspect the groove surfaces on the distributor and head for damage that may be allowing oil to leak past the o-ring.
      The mating surfaces and the inner well surface seemed fine when i took it off yesterday. I'll check it again today though. I guess i will need to measure the inner well to see if that well is warped i guess? Which honestly i doubt but anything is worth checking to solve this issue once and for all. I am not totally sure what you mean by groove surfaces.

So it probably isn't possible that oil is going up the dizzy spline shaft and before the inner seal to leak out of those little screw holes?

Comment

There is also a seal alllll the way at the end of the shaft. I know there
        is a DIY on here. If that seal is bad it leaks inside the distributor.
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
          There is also a seal alllll the way at the end of the shaft. I know there
          is a DIY on here. If that seal is bad it leaks inside the distributor.
          It isn't leaking in dizzy. I think the problem is the aftermarket o-rings. I went to honda store and got an oem one. It has a slightly noticeable higher rubber thickness. The red dorman one i put in from parts store still leaks but less. I'll report back when i change it.

The new oem honda o-ring slides in tighter like a real seal. I think i found my problem. Neither one of the o-rings before did this. SO anyone else get a new oem honda o-ring. I have tried 2 different brands and neither worked.

No leak at all now. Just reinforces the ideal of always get oem seals.
          Last edited by zedjr10; 10-06-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X