Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comparison

i'm looking for some info on the differences between the japanese and american made cb's.

jdm ones are right hand drive

Comment

it's not a jdm it was just made in japan.

Comment

There are a few differences a side from being rhd, headlights are different along with some having bumper polls and foglights. theres a few other differences im sure just none i kno.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
          jdm ones are right hand drive
          Not all accords in japan were RHD, they sold LHD coupes there you can still find information about them on their website

The OP wants to know what is different about JHM and 1HG built accords

Here are some things i have noticed

JHM clocks are made by jeco where as us clocks are made by another company ( not sure )

JHM dash vin numbers are held in much more secure then a 1hg vin

JHM gauge clusters are made by denso where as 1hg are made by NS

these are the only differences i have noticed

Also any JHM accord will have little stickers randomly throughout the car with japanese writing on it, i have a few in my accord because the interior is out of a JHM accord

all coupes and wagons are 1hg

Some random sedans are JHM and all SE sedans are JHM

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Not all accords in japan were RHD, they sold LHD coupes there you can still find information about them on their website

The OP wants to know what is different about JHM and 1HG built accords

Here are some things i have noticed

JHM clocks are made by jeco where as us clocks are made by another company ( not sure )

JHM dash vin numbers are held in much more secure then a 1hg vin

JHM gauge clusters are made by denso where as 1hg are made by NS

these are the only differences i have noticed

Also any JHM accord will have little stickers randomly throughout the car with japanese writing on it, i have a few in my accord because the interior is out of a JHM accord

all coupes and wagons are 1hg

Some random sedans are JHM and all SE sedans are JHM
            learn something new everyday

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
              learn something new everyday
              heh the funniest thing i read

you would imagine the jdm LHD accord coupe to be based off of a a USDM LHD accord

The LHD accord coupes have a key in ignition reminder where as the RHD ones do not

i figured this is due to stupid americans lol

Comment

JDM has purple shit.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  JDM has purple shit.
                  He's not asking about "JDM"... if you want to be a smartass, at least understand the question that is being asked before posting... otherwise, you just look like a dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by 00rx7 View Post
                    it's not a jdm it was just made in japan.
                    Well that partially answers your question...

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    JDM has purple shit.
                    Like your sig?

Anyways.

To the OP, there's quite a few differences between the Jap and US models and Euro models as well.

Japanese models got allot back in the day but it's hard to know what they came with to be exact. There's a bit of different styling cues as well on these car's.

But I'd suggest really searching if you want answers. We don't have a cataloged list of options though.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

HE IS NOT ASKING ABOUT THE JAPANESE OR EURO MODELS! HE IS ASKING ABOUT THE CARS WITH THE JHM OR 1HG VIN!!!

Does anyone read anymore? Holy shit...

Tippey seems to be the only one that actually understood the question, and answered it as thoroughly as anyone can, I'm sure. Everyone else clearly didn't read the entire thread before posting, or they'd know what was going on. I really don't want to lock this, because it's a valid question (however vaguely asked it may be...)

Comment

Apparently RHD coupes were made in USA, as were wagons. They all display HOA emblems on Japanese models.

I think Tippey's got most of the info down on the build differences, but there's many variants in options and stuff that were available in different countries.

Getting into the UK built Accords in Swindon are almost another beast themselves with the EDM market.

JDM, NA and EDM model all have different headlights and trunk licence plate garnishes. EDM trunks have specific plate garnishes and inner tail lights.

EDM's were also available with 4WS. I think...if I remember correctly from the Top gear video I just watched, that all UK spec Accords were 2.0 engines.

I'm going to go have a look at my SE coupe and see what sort of US built things I can find on it.

...and yes, I was being stupid in my previous post.
                        Last edited by crazymikey; 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

You're still missing the point of the thread.

All he's asking is what's different between the North American Accords that were built in Ohio (1HG) vs the North American Accords that were build in Japan (JHM). No RHD, no one-piece headlights, no 4ws...

Just the ones that were assembled by people that speak Japanese vs the ones that were assembled by people that speak English.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            HE IS NOT ASKING ABOUT THE JAPANESE OR EURO MODELS! HE IS ASKING ABOUT THE CARS WITH THE JHM OR 1HG VIN!!!

Does anyone read anymore? Holy shit...

Tippey seems to be the only one that actually understood the question, and answered it as thoroughly as anyone can, I'm sure. Everyone else clearly didn't read the entire thread before posting, or they'd know what was going on. I really don't want to lock this, because it's a valid question (however vaguely asked it may be...)

this made me

I figured id toss the euro one up there just in case Mike lmao

but damn..to the OP you really want to get in deep with these cars?
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

He probably heard from someone that the Japanese-built ones are better than the American-built ones... because we all know, if it was assembled by yellow people, it HAS to be superior
                              "just in case" can confuse the hell out of someone. Cars sold in other markets have nothing to do with this question. That's like going on a cooking forum, and posting about chicken dishes in a thread asking about beef. Sure, you may be giving factual information, but it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.
                              Well, perhaps it does, because out of the 8 people posting in this thread, only 3 of them are talking about the actual topic.

There are no differences in features. The only differences are very minor, as tippey pointed out... a few parts are sourced from different companies, but they all function exactly the same, and just as well. In MOST cases, those parts are 100% interchangeable.

Comment

Working...
                              X