Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    He probably heard from someone that the Japanese-built ones are better than the American-built ones... because we all know, if it was assembled by Germans, it HAS to be superior .
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

readings heard yo

geoff, is your 10th AE 1hg or jhm?

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
        I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself
        that was just...stupid.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Well I also threw in the fact there there were also British built CB's,so there must also be differences between Japanese and North American ones.

Does anyone one what the VINs start with on the UK built ones?

Besides, the original question is stupid and vague, this entire thread is pointless, so why's everyone getting their crotchless panties in a bunch?

One of the biggest differences between the Japanese and American built Accords is the time zone they were built in. My SE sedan was actually built in the future and shipped back in time across the ocean.

Comment

He didn't ask about UK-built models... and there are none of those in West Virginia anyway. The UK-built models are sold in the UK.

I'm getting my "crotchless panties" in a bunch because every day I put up with a dozen threads where people spew worthless off-topic information because they are too damn lazy to actually read the thread before they post. It gets old. Additionally, it adds to the spread of incorrect information, because many people are either too new to these cars, or too stupid, to tell the difference. With a thread like this, I bet at least one person is going to read the differences between the USDM and actual JDM models, and start asking why their "JDM" (with the JHM vin) car doesn't have all those cool JDM features.

Comment

Originally posted by tippey764 View Post
              readings Heard Yo

Geoff, Is Your 10th Ae 1hg Or Jhm?
              1hg
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

We can legally import UK built ones in Canada, and although I would speculate there are none in Canada, there is the possibility there could be one, somewhere within the country. Heck, I see right hand drive DA Integras here all the time.

This whole thread fails because the OP does not elaborate on such differences they'd like to see expressed.

It's so vague that I can literally say Japanese ones are built by people that speak JDM and US built ones are made by Cooter and Roscoe. That's a valid difference between the 2 cars.

Nowhere does he ask "what sort of production differences are between the 2 cars? Emblems? Options? Parts suppliers? Part Numbers? Trim codes?"

I'm actually trying to provide useful information to this discussion. Maybe I'm just coming across wrong.
                Last edited by crazymikey; 04-18-2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Look at it from my perspective... The OP is obviously a TOTAL beginner, or a bit of a dim bulb. Providing him with an information overload is only going to confuse him.

Post #1, he asks about the CBs that were made in Japan vs the ones that were made in the US. Post #2 is the first misunderstanding of that. Post #3, the OP was at least smart enough to specify that he wasn't asking about the JDM models, just the cars that were built in Japan.

Remember, people in the US tend to forget the rest of the world exists. He's asking about 1HG and JHM... because to us, those are the ONLY ones that exist (though we could legally import a CB that was built anywhere in the world as well, because we have a "reasonable equivalent"... I could import a 2010 JDM Accord if I wanted, as long as I could prove that it was substantially similar to the model in the US.)

Comment

Point understood.

Comment

I wonder if acura integra fourms get this question daily, all of their cars are made in japan.

Comment

Working...
                      X