Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

idle issues after engine replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle issues after engine replacement

hey i just did am engine swap. (same engine different car)stock f22a. got it all put back together and when i started it the idle went hay wire up to like 4000 rpm then down to 1000. pretty serious flux.and kinda sounds like its missing it's throwing codes how do i go about checking them. and any other suggestions would be appreciated. thanks ,00rx7

See the thread at the top of this section that says "read this first"?

Read that. In there, you'll find the information you need to set your base idle, base ignition, and read the CEL codes.

Comment

it's throwing code 41 primary o2 sensor heater. what exactly does that mean? new o2 sensor?

Comment

Yes. Get NTK/NGK or Denso only. Don't get a Bosch sensor. They don't work properly. Rockauto.com has Denso for a very reasonable price. Be sure you get the proper one for your car (DX/LX and EX/SE sensors have different mounting locations.)

Comment

i have a header so would i be better off getting a universal one or cutting and splicing the plug on a car specific one. also it seems to me that an o2 sensor issue is not my only issue, im not positive would the o2 sensor cause massive idle flux and or sounding like it is missing. i was having a hard time telling because the sound was so (irraticly?) going from almost 4000 to 1000 rpm

Comment

No, the o2 sensor would not cause that idle issue, which is why I directed you to the thread that tells you how to fix that.

You should never cut and splice your o2 sensor wires, as it can alter the resistance and corrupt the signal. Your header should either have 2 o2 bungs on it (like most of the cheapies you can find), or it should be car-specific. The o2 bung should be in the same place as the stock location.

Comment

Working...
            X