Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

power steering noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power steering noise

when i first start up my car on real cold days to warm it up my power steering pump makes a noise and i dont know what it is it gets kinda loud sometimes too because i can hear it from inside my house does anyone know what it could be?

Do you have power steering fluid in your reservoir? Is it a moaning sound?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It's called cavitation. The noise you're hearing is air being sucked into the pump from somewhere. check for low oil or leaks if not that. it could be bearing noise from the pump. I believe I saw a good writeup on a pump rebuild. If you have the time it can save you mucho $$$. The kit sells for about $20. from autozone and did not look that hard to do.

Comment

Not sure if he has an h22a in his car running the stock accord pump with his setup. Not really sure I was guessing that on his sn but didnt want to jump to conclusions. But if thats the case the high pressure line is prob being restricted with the accord hood hittin it (Mine did that with h22 and stock accord ps pump) But give us a lil more info. That should help out.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Check the fluid level and conidition. If its dirty, suck it out of there and replace with new.

, , <==Click for vids

Skip the BOOM BOOM and get some VROOM VROOM!

Comment

i have the stock f22a6 in it and the resivor tank is full with fluid but if it is the bearing inside im just ganna change the pump because i have a spare one off of my f22a4. are both pumps the same

Comment

My pwr steering pump does this as well for about 2mins when starting up....it also has no pwr steering within that couple mins until it warms up. Mine actually sounds like the bearings letting go. Its a awful sound.

Comment

Both pumps are the same to my knowledge. MY pump didnt make any noise when I had the a6. Or no noise audible enough to hear in the cabin.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok im just ganna switch pumps

Comment

For the last few days my Wrangler and Ranger ps pumps were making a noise at startup and under extreme cold weather. I think its a common thing on older cars, I wouldn't change the pumps out. Wait until the weather warms up and then see.

Comment

Working...
                    X