Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

xxr 530s need extended studs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xxr 530s need extended studs?

I have a set of xxr 530s 15x8 +20 I would like to put on my ex. I purchased a set of ebay extended lug nuts I would like to use; and they dont seem to mount up flush to the wheel itself. I was wonder if anyone has any advice on a good stud/nut combo to use with xxr's?

Arp wheel studs.

What brand studs did you buy
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I didnt buy studs I bought aluminum lug nuts. Basic ebay 50mm extended lug nuts, open end. They just dont quite seat right on the wheel, and i was wondering if it wouldnt matter once i do the extended studs?

Comment

Why did you buy extended lug nuts? What's the point?

Get proper nuts, use the stock studs.
        Honestly, that offset is WAY low, and is not right for your car in the first place... but I guess that's just what the kids are doing these days.

Comment

Do the xxr wheels use acorn lug nuts? If they do, your new lug nuts may not have the proper seat.

"My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

On all the xxr I had on my car I had to use the tuner style lug nuts.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Most aftermarket wheels use the tuner style. Many wheel shops will give you the "installation kit", which is tuner lugs and hubcentric rings for free with the purchase of new wheels.
              Makes me wonder how many people run aftermarket wheels without hubcentric rings...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Most aftermarket wheels use the tuner style. Many wheel shops will give you the "installation kit", which is tuner lugs and hubcentric rings for free with the purchase of new wheels.
                Makes me wonder how many people run aftermarket wheels without hubcentric rings...
                *raises hand*

the wheels are lug centric anyways.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

if the bore of the aftermarket wheel isnt 64.1mm its highly advised to use the bore spacers, I even use them with nissan steelies.

"Wheel Hub Centric Rings are designed to fill in the gap between the hub of the car and the center bore of the wheel. Most wheel manufacturers design their wheels with a centerbore large enough to fit on most cars. Therefore, since wheel manufactures make their center bore large enough to fit most cars, most wheel fitments have a gap between the hub and the centerbore. This gap usually doesn't allow for the wheel to fit hubcentric but rather lugcentric which causes vibration. Therefore, to fill the gap and ensure the fitment is hubcentric, hub rings are used.
                  https://www.justforwheels.com/index....entric&sub=how
                  Last edited by illinois_erik; 09-16-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Not spacers. Hub centric rings.

When I put my Falken Hanabis on my Fit, the hub size was different from my CB7 (so the rings from the CB were too large). I ordered new rings from a site on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      *raises hand*

the wheels are lug centric anyways.
                      ABSOLUTELY!!

wheels with conical or spherical seats will NEVER need hubcentric rings. hubcentric rings are made for, meant for, and mainly needed on european cars with lug bolts so that the wheels can be centered before putting the lug bolts through the lug holes.....making it easier to put the wheels back on....

using hub centric rings on cars that do not need them can cause more problems in the longrun.
                      SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
                        ABSOLUTELY!!

wheels with conical or spherical seats will NEVER need hubcentric rings. hubcentric rings are made for, meant for, and mainly needed on european cars with lug bolts so that the wheels can be centered before putting the lug bolts through the lug holes.....making it easier to put the wheels back on....

using hub centric rings on cars that do not need them can cause more problems in the longrun.
                        So you're trusting your 16 (hopefully not less) lugs to support the weight of the car and keep the tire center? The purpose of filling the gap with hub centric rings is because the car is supposed to be supported on the hub opening of the wheel itself, NOT by the lugs.
                        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                        The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Not spacers. Hub centric rings.

When I put my Falken Hanabis on my Fit, the hub size was different from my CB7 (so the rings from the CB were too large). I ordered new rings from a site on the internet.
                          yeah yeah, while i was typing i was thinking how it fills in the space between the hub and wheel bore

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
                          ABSOLUTELY!!

Our cars are hub-centric so itd only be fitting with any wheel to encompass the engineering designed into it for daily driving reliability and saftey. With an open gap between the wheel and hub there is a chance the vibrations can loosen the lug nuts. Or someone not in the know will not seat the wheel and its lugs centered and tighten it up, to have bad vibrations or a loss of wheels down the road.

why chance anything over 10 dollar parts that wont negatively effect the project and makes the job "complete"
                          Last edited by illinois_erik; 09-16-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

The conical lug seats do help keep things centered, but should one lugnut come loose, the vibration caused could snap lugs, and lead to the wheel falling off. Keeping the wheel tight to the hub (all stock wheels will be snug to the hub), will keep this from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                              So you're trusting your 16 (hopefully not less) lugs to support the weight of the car and keep the tire center? The purpose of filling the gap with hub centric rings is because the car is supposed to be supported on the hub opening of the wheel itself, NOT by the lugs.
                              im not disagreeing with you but im stubborn and i have yet to lose a wheel with my properly torqued lug nuts/bolts (lug bolts for a vw)

i ran hubcentric rings on my honda with motegi wheels but i just didn't do it with my current wheel setup.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X