lsd tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lsd tranny?

which transmission code/engine is the best lsd tranny that will provide the most tq/power? thanks for looking

93 accord coupe lxr
    10 fusion se slammed

transmissions don't provide power, they only transmit it.

The M2B4 from type-s h22 preludes (i believe) is generally regarded as the "best" for putting power down though.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

The M2B4 is from the Japanese '92-'96 Prelude Si VTEC with a manual transmission.

The Type S had ATTS like the Type SH over here.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ah, I stand corrected.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Yeah you can get a gearbox either a 92-96 prelude si VTEC and just send it to gearspeedinc. Then have them install the quaife LSD and your all set.

Comment

I agree with sparkle. Aftermarket LSD on a freshly rebuilt transmission is the way to go. Especially if you're looking to put serious power through it. A 20 year old M2B4 might be in sorry condition.

If you want to risk it, then the M2B4 is indeed your best option. That is, of course, if the gearing is appropriate for your engine's powerband.

Comment

I have a h23 transmission from 92-96 prelude si. 3rd gear scratches. does anyone have a diy on rebuilding these transmissions with new synchros and how hard is the lsd to install?

93 accord coupe lxr
              10 fusion se slammed

Comment

If you have to ask "how hard", then it's beyond you.

www.helminc.com is where you'll find the best possible DIY for rebuilding a transmission.

Comment

T2W4 is the best LSD tranny to answer your question.

Comment

What makes a T2W4 better than a M2B4?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      What makes a T2W4 better than a M2B4?
                      Gearing

Comment

Why?

Comment

I have no proof, but i have heard a lot of people talk about the strength of the M-series trannies. I heard they break fairly easily and that the T-series trannies (T2T4, T2W4) are stronger and their gearing more closely resembles that of the trannies mated to B-series engines (not sure what their codes are). You can research this for yourself to check the validity of these claims. As i said early, this is JUST WHAT I'VE HEARD.
                          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                          The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Read the codes for yourself. The M2F4 is the most aggressively geared.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2548441
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Aggressive gearing doesn't mean "better" though.

Comment

Working...
                              X