neuspeed strut bar ques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neuspeed strut bar ques

i have what I believe to be a 4 point neuspeed cb front strut bar... I don't know where to bolt it up to though... has anyone installed one of these

Originally posted by loup05 View Post
    i have what I believe to be a 4 point neuspeed cb front strut bar... I don't know where to bolt it up to though... has anyone installed one of these
    here's a picture:

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

what year is that car? its not 90 is it? i have a 90 and i believe that maybe the bay is a little diff from the 91-93.. i went on the neuspeed site and they dont have a srut bar for the 90 cb they only have it for the 91-93

Comment

It will fit in a 90.

Comment

Fit just fine on my 1990 LX.

Steel's picture shows it all. Its a little tricky, just keeping working at it. It WILL fit.

Comment

The bar is meant to be a very tight fit. It basically pre-loads the chassis. You have to find a way to flex the chassis to make it fit. This is typically done by jacking up one corner of the car, putting on one end, and repeating on the other side.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
              Fit just fine on my 1990 LX.

Steel's picture shows it all. Its a little tricky, just keeping working at it. It WILL fit.
              But where does it bolt up to... I've been hearing diff things.. some say to the actual strut bolts.. others say that it bolts on to the UCA bolts

Comment

I'll take a picture for you tomorrow when there's light.

Comment

Originally posted by loup05 View Post
                  But where does it bolt up to... I've been hearing diff things.. some say to the actual strut bolts.. others say that it bolts on to the UCA bolts
                  The main bar bolts to the UCAs and the two braces to the strut towers.

You want to use the UCA nuts closest to to front of the car. The strut tower ones will fall in place.

As mentioned above, it is best to raise the car to install. It will be a tight fit.

Hope that helps.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

djcaz_aom's spot on.

Passenger's side:

The main cross bar goes to the forward-most UCA bolt, the rear lines up with a strut bolt.

Driver's side:

Again, the main cross bar goes to the forward-most UCA bolt and the rear bar falls into place. I personally was able to get it to slide on w/o jacking up the car. I guess YMMV.

Comment

thanks "the next episode" the pics where a big help.. i had emailed neuspeed the same day i made this thread.. they got back to me yesterday.. and the instructions you gave me where the same as you described

Comment

Sorry to bring this thread back but when you guys say jack up the car, do you mean jack up the front center of the car or the two areas right behind the front wheels where they are made to jack up the car?
                        I put the car on jack stands where the normal jacking points are, behind the wheels, and the bolts don't move closer to mount the bar? My bar is about 1/4" short b/w the UCA bolts.

Thanks.

Comment

Ive always thought that they bolt on the two UCA bolts on each side.... Im really thinking about getting one soon, so I need to know too.

Also, are these really THAT much better than the regular old fashion strut bar? (i.e. Megan Racing)
                          92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                            Sorry to bring this thread back but when you guys say jack up the car, do you mean jack up the front center of the car or the two areas right behind the front wheels where they are made to jack up the car?
                            I put the car on jack stands where the normal jacking points are, behind the wheels, and the bolts don't move closer to mount the bar? My bar is about 1/4" short b/w the UCA bolts.

Thanks.
                            At the time that i posted this i had a car with a slightly bent frame so that's why the bar wouldn't line up with the bolts. Has your car ever been in a wreck? This is a quality bar and is built to fit on snug. I actualy had a neighbor help me with the installation.

Originally posted by Kevin Chinnn View Post
                            Ive always thought that they bolt on the two UCA bolts on each side.... Im really thinking about getting one soon, so I need to know too.

Also, are these really THAT much better than the regular old fashion strut bar? (i.e. Megan Racing)
                            I have never had any other bar except this one. on the 2 accords i had them in they made a huge difference man. its a very good investment.. they usually go for about 100 bucks in the FS section but they are very well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Luis View Post
                              At the time that i posted this i had a car with a slightly bent frame so that's why the bar wouldn't line up with the bolts. Has your car ever been in a wreck? This is a quality bar and is built to fit on snug. I actualy had a neighbor help me with the installation.

I have never had any other bar except this one. on the 2 accords i had them in they made a huge difference man. its a very good investment.. they usually go for about 100 bucks in the FS section but they are very well worth it
                              Thanks man! This really helps. I guess im getting one for sure
                              92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X