Show off your bird!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
    I decided to post this and share, everyone post up your Thanksgiving turkey.

That looks kickass!!

Did you weave bacon over the top of the turkey?

Im gonna have to try that....
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Sure did! And it was as lot easier than you think.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Bacon makes everything taste better
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          yup! Yesterday i went to a 2nd thanksgiving dinner at a friends house. My friend and her sister was having a mac n cheese cook off which everyone had to vote for the winner. My friend put bacon in her mac n cheese which made it an automatically a winner among st the men but we got out numbered by the women and children so the bland mac n cheese without the bacon made by her sister won
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

any one got any new pics of there turkey ?
            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Comment

Bacon is my favorite food. I try to have it as much as possible
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Ok, fine. Here's all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                    any one got any new pics of there turkey ?
                    well like I said last year I don't eat turkey but here is my Duck

Duck is usually cooked with an Orange sauce, we also stuffed it with oranges. I get left overs tonight
                    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

!!!OMG!!!! i love all you're guy's turkeys and duck's .
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

320 degrees and 20 minutes a lb(smaller bird) and 18 minutes a lb (larger bird).

I baste mine every 30 minutes for the last three hours.

Works every time.
                        Btw, basting does nothing but let hot air out of the oven.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                          Btw, basting does nothing but let hot air out of the oven.
                          Nah, thats just not true. What you baste with makes a huge difference, just like what temps the shit is you are basting with. I like to baste for like 15 reasons that are all real. So to say it does nothing is just silly to me.

Just as a quick example;

Baste with water = slows things down

Baste with turkey juices = speeds things up

Baste with melted butter = helps things brown

Also, where you baste makes a difference. I snake the basting tool under the breast skin and bast the underside of the breast skin or directly on the breast itself. Depending on the situation really. Breast cooks at different temps then thighs or legs, so basting can help keep things coming at an even speed.

For me basting helps troubleshoot and my approach varies on the situation basically. Sometimes I baste with seasoned butter when trying to get a certain outcome with the bird. Just depends on what I am doing.

Football turkey, or thanksgiving turkey yanno? I inject turkey breasts that I fry, and that is awesome. Probably a heart attack waiting to happen, but, awesome none the less. Bacon wrapped turkey breast injected with creole butter and heavily seasoned before being fried in peanut oil.

MMMMmmmmmm

Comment

"Basting does not make meat juicy. After all, skin is designed to keep things out. It's like a raincoat. Basting only makes the skin taste good… nothing wrong with that but all that door opening lets out heat and slows the cooking process which results in drier meat," - Alton Brown

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                              "Basting does not make meat juicy. After all, skin is designed to keep things out. It's like a raincoat. Basting only makes the skin taste good… nothing wrong with that but all that door opening lets out heat and slows the cooking process which results in drier meat," - Alton Brown
                              I dunno, I've been cooking turkey's for decades(2)

Basting can make a difference. Really just depends on how/what you are doing. Basting ruines skin too, so I'm not really sure what that's all about either. When you baste the skin isn't dry or crunchy. Which to me is when it tastes best.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                                Ok, fine. Here's all of them.

daaaaaammmmnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lots of leftovers to feed an army
                                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X