CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 10-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
93hellastocklx
Newcomer

93hellastocklx is cool... so far.
Question OEM fog fitment issue

I picked up some OEM fog lights for my 93 Accord and used the template on the inside of the bumper to do the hole cut out and there is a large gap on the bottom portion of the fog light and it seems like the top of the fog light is too high but the brackets lined up perfectly. I don't know what went wrong but I don't like the way it looks. Any ideas on what went wrong?
93hellastocklx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
theres like an edge guard youre probably missing take some some black vacuum line split it down the middle and use that..

Old 10-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Rubber hose is definitely the way to go, since the original parts are nearly imposssible to find in usable condition anymore.

Also, you do have 92-93 fogs, not 90-91, right? They differ. Not sure what figment issues would come of using the wrong years.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
Yep, like erik said, there is a trim bezel that goes around the foglights, without it you have a gap. This is true for all 92-93 fogs, US and JDM.

US 90-91 vs. 92-93 fitment issues would be bad to say the least. 90-91 are square(ish) and I believe are about a half inch taller and shorter/narrower length wise.

Get some European 90-91 fog lights... they don't look so good on either 90-91 or 92-93 bumpers.

Sidenote, glad you're using the image from my wordpress. The very reason I put them up over there.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:44 AM   #5
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
It looks like he does have some kind of rubber bezel, it just looks like it's seen better days.
wtfisafleek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #6
93hellastocklx
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Rubber hose is definitely the way to go, since the original parts are nearly imposssible to find in usable condition anymore.

Also, you do have 92-93 fogs, not 90-91, right? They differ. Not sure what figment issues would come of using the wrong years.
Yes they are the 92-93 fogs. I purchased then from a member of this forum I met at a picknpull here in Washington. I'll get his username so he can get credibility for the sale and extremely good deal. I'll also post pics.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:22 AM   #7
93hellastocklx
Newcomer

Quote:

I didn't do the cutout. The guy I bought them from did. He said he wasn't happy with the results as well. He has a 90-91 and this was his first time doing a 92-93.

Last edited by 93hellastocklx; 10-23-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:30 AM   #8
93hellastocklx
Newcomer

Quote:

What type of rubber hose should I get? I've heard vacuum line hose and door trim. I'm unsure about sizes though.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #9
93hellastocklx
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Yep, like erik said, there is a trim bezel that goes around the foglights, without it you have a gap. This is true for all 92-93 fogs, US and JDM.

US 90-91 vs. 92-93 fitment issues would be bad to say the least. 90-91 are square(ish) and I believe are about a half inch taller and shorter/narrower length wise.

Get some European 90-91 fog lights... they don't look so good on either 90-91 or 92-93 bumpers.

Sidenote, glad you're using the image from my wordpress. The very reason I put them up over there.
I know this is off topic but how would I go about purchasing a cb7tuner key chain and white decal? I had a different profile and build thread for my car. My phone got destroyed and I've had a lot going on so I can't remember my username or anything. It's very unfortunate because I have to start from square one again. Thank you ahead of time.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #10
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
Yeah this is a bit off topic.
I'm currently having the decals made as per Mike's specs (I discussed this with him a few weeks ago and am only now getting around to making them), they should be ready by the end of the week.

Of course you can always order them from Mike through the CB7Tuner store. I'd PM prior to order just to make sure he still has them in stock.

All keychain orders can be made through the for sale thread (link on my sig), ebay (just search for CB7Tuner), OR you can just email me.
Code:
jonsautoshack@gmail.com

Tags
brackets , fitment , oem fog lights

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: