Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best Headlights without Hids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Headlights without Hids?

What are the best Headlight bulbs to get without putting in HIDS. Basically which one will produce the whitest and brightest light.

I head the Silverstar Ultra arent that good and burn out very fast!

Please recommend me some

I have those silverstars and drive with my lights on all the time and they been good for like 2 years. Youi could try something from street glow or plasma glow but they look like they would be blueish.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Osram Silverstars. They're brighter than the Sylvania ones, I believe. I don't know how much longer they'll last, though. When I was running halogens, I did notice that the Sylvania Silverstars did burn out very quickly.

I'm sure you know this, but just in case... when installing a bulb, NEVER touch the glass. That will get oil from your fingertips on the glass, and cause the bulb to burn out VERY quickly.

Comment

Idk y. But I have oem bulbs in. I see just fine. But silver starts for a lot of cash. Last time I checked they were about 20 a piece, and I had hi and low beam..

That's 80 bucks for headlight BULBS 35 shipped ull get any color hid.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

If you have Silverstar Ultra's and you don't like them there is only one real solution.

HID.

Why? Because not matter what bulb you get of the same wattage you can only make a little bit brigher, they aren't adding more power into the bulb. And if you get a higher wattage bulb you run the risk of damaging and frying some electrical components. Not to mention increased heat and power usage.

HID's are cheap in comparsion to "quality" halogen bulbs.
          They last much longer than halogen bulbs and are MUCH brighter.
          Aim them low is your best bet to avoid glaring people.

If you really want a proper upgrade, projector and HID.
          But that's when you run into real cash.
          Current:
          2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
          1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
          1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Here's some information on upgrading your lighting circuit.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...ys/relays.html

Here's a brief chart on Lumens vs Hours for a few bulbs.

http://www.rallylights.com/Hella_9006_Bulbs.aspx

As you can see HIR bulbs give significantly more lumen output, with not much reduction in hours.

These bulbs claim 2100 Lumens out of a stock bulb, and aren't a junk brand, but without an hour equivalent, I don't know how long they'd last. I do not have any personal experience with these.

The HIR bulbs, which show 2400 lumens and 1400 hours.

When I get a new vehicle and I don't have OEM HID, I will probably try out the HIR bulbs before I tackle a full on projector retrofit. I have no desire to run an HID kit in non-HID housings.

Comment

Just don't put HIDs in stock housings. Ever. You might blind oncoming cars... and if the person driving the oncoming car is an asshole like me, he might not appreciate being blinded... and swerve at you.

Comment

Just for the sake of being fukin human... please don't get purple, pink, blue like the ocean, how the hell can u see with that lighting??????? get 4k or 6k.

Fogs are 3k.

I seen this pimp car in ny and behind the wheel was a brother, and his hids were pinkish

Comment

Yeah, I see pink, purple, and blue all the time. The output is useless, and the cars look stupid. It was cool for a very short time when it was new, and nobody had it. Now, colored HIDs on anything but a dedicated show car are idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Just don't put HIDs in stock housings. Ever. You might blind oncoming cars... and if the person driving the oncoming car is an asshole like me, he might not appreciate being blinded... and swerve at you.
                    so what about casper shields?

Comment

casper shields?

Comment

From hondatech
                        casper shield -used to adapt the mounting base for a HID bulb to the H4 bulb base in a standard headlight housing. Typically they resulting in enough light splatter that it blinds (or at least annoys) on comming traffic. I've seen several versions and different manufacturers of them, not a single one of them I would run. There are no excuses for not doing a retrofit and doing it right.

Comment

my silverstars generally lasted about a year.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

@ AccordWarrior
                            Thank god someone other than myself knows about daniel sterns site. A friend of mine and I rewired his headlights on his mazda 626. We used relays, and 12 gauge wiring, and soldered all connections. We also spent a good bit of time going over his headlamps with McGuires plastX. This difference this made was huge.

HID lights can be used in stock housings if you use the correct bulbs and set them up correctly(iirc). It also depends if your stock lamps have a diffuser built in. Much like using the 9005/9006 mod, some cars don't have a diffuser in their low beams, if you put a high bulb in there it blinds people without that diffuser.

Comment

Working...
                            X