Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need advice on motor swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice on motor swap

im trying to figer out whats involved in a motor swap,like whats els has to be done when you swap a motor do i use my stock tranny,ecu,if not how do i go bout looking for the right match?

stevenoreaga215

Originally posted by stevenoreaga215
    im trying to figer out whats involved in a motor swap,like whats els has to be done when you swap a motor do i use my stock tranny,ecu,if not how do i go bout looking for the right match?
    Not trying be a dick or anything, but you ought to try searching. Or at least looking a little farther down the Beginner's Tech page; there is already a thread open by another person who asked almost the same question, but they had already done some research and was asking a more specific question.

Also, in the Swaps section of this forum, there is a Swap FAQ

Check those threads out, maybe search around, and then ask some more specific questions.
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Agreed, check it out. Might take some time, but its worth it.
      Confucius say...when god gives you gators...make Gatorade

Comment

engine swaps are very costly and time consuming go turbo or go home

boostin very soon
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Definitly take the time to read the swap thread, it says everything. If you still have questions after that then ask away.
          texx @ #afterfx
          epicFRAG

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum
            engine swaps are very costly and time consuming go turbo or go home

boostin very soon
            So a junkyard turbo on a motor that was never designed for it is better than a stock, bolt-in motor swap?

I'm going on 5 years with my swap. About 70,000 miles, driven hard. In 5 years, if you're still boosted and running the same stuff, let me know.

I'm not going turbo, and I CAN go home... because my car still runs.

Comment

its allot of work for the motor with stock tranny ur looking at $2000 in the car

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                So a junkyard turbo on a motor that was never designed for it is better than a stock, bolt-in motor swap?

I'm going on 5 years with my swap. About 70,000 miles, driven hard. In 5 years, if you're still boosted and running the same stuff, let me know.

I agree, its all about better reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

u prove a very good point i'll try in get back with u a few years down the road
                  ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

agreed you should do a little research if your thinking of a swap. i will help you a little though. find and know your options. what are your goals. do you want a street or track car. whats your budget. trying to keep up with others isn't what should be your deciding factor to swap. you can go broke if you don't watch it.
                    91 Ex CB9
                    JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                    p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                    Weight Reductions
                    R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Working...
                    X