Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car randomly dies and won't run for long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car randomly dies and won't run for long

My girlfriend recently bought a 92 accord which ran like a champ for the first 2 months. A couple days ago it died on her while driving. She shut it completely off and it started back up and drove fine. A couple days after that it started dying more frequent but would always start back up. Now it will start up, run for about a minute and die. It won't start back up for about a half hour, and when it does start back up, it only runs for about a minute.

I checked the CEL and it comes back as (15) Ignition output signal. I don't have the tools, except for a test light, to test anything on the distributor, where should I start with this?

And I have read through quite a few threads relating to this, but I've never found any with this same symptom where it will run for a minute and instantly die and not start again for a half hour.
    Last edited by kicker1_solo; 11-25-2013, 08:49 PM.
    2000 Civic LX
    1992 Accord LX (gf's)
    1990 Integra GS
    1988 Accord LXi

There is a chip in the dizzy that is prone to go out. I would start there
    visit vgruk

Comment

visit vgruk

Comment

its most likely the igniter.... its inside the distributor.

That code is indicative of it going bad most of the time....

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

My distributer has the rotor that doesn't have a screw in the side of how, how do you remove the rotor to access everything inside?
          2000 Civic LX
          1992 Accord LX (gf's)
          1990 Integra GS
          1988 Accord LXi

Comment

you yank it of ... some times if its been on there for a long time, you have to be careful and use ether a pair of pliers to wiggle it off or a flat head to pry it off.

Word of advice, plane on changing it and buy a replacement one in advance in case that one breaks...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Working...
            X