Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I Hate My TPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=MyCord;1902485

I can swap the fitv and see if that does anything I guess. .[/QUOTE]

Do you know how to test if the FITV is bad?

Comment

I'm sure my manual would tell me how, but I do have 2 or 3 of them.

Comment

you can check the FITV by feeling it with the palm of your hand, if you feel vacuum, its bad, and you do know they cost like 160 bucks? if i were you, i would go the junkyard and pull an entire TB off a CB7 and hook that up, and see if you still have the same problem.

Comment

It's an h23 IM. I have an extra TB but that's really a lot of work when the only thing I haven't tested is the FITv. I double checked everything today, .45v exact, reset ecu.. everything is good but it still does it. So if it's not the fitv then i'm really at a loss.

Comment

I have had an idle leak since I replaced my a6 manifold with the maxbore h23 plenum and throttle body. I have already adjusted the FITV, I'm thinking it's the TPS.

Jorge replaces the rivets with screws on the TPS. I'm not exactly sure how to adjust the voltage yet but if it has to do with position of the sensor in the TB, then maybe after replacing rivets with screws, he has no way of adjusting it. Just thinking out loud and optimistically.

Comment

^its the other way around. If u get a newer tps from honda it will be riveted and non-adjustable. If you replace them with screws then u can adjust it. I had to do this at work this week.

Anyways my only symptom of a fucked up tps was that I couldnt keep the throttle steady. You could only accelerate or slow down. If you tried to keep it at a steady speed it would stutter horribly. No adjustment would fix it so i replaced it and my car runs fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCoupe92 View Post
                I have had an idle leak since I replaced my a6 manifold with the maxbore h23 plenum and throttle body. I have already adjusted the FITV, I'm thinking it's the TPS.

Jorge replaces the rivets with screws on the TPS. I'm not exactly sure how to adjust the voltage yet but if it has to do with position of the sensor in the TB, then maybe after replacing rivets with screws, he has no way of adjusting it. Just thinking out loud and optimistically.
                He replaced the rivets with screws so he could adjust it when needed. You loosen the screws and tilt the sensor forward or backward to change the voltage output. Then tighten.

Comment

Working...
                X