bseballkid1990 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bseballkid1990 : 1992 Accord EX

I picked her up almost a little over a year ago. I picked it up for around $400 and all it needed was a fuel pump.. which came with the car lol.

Engine/Trans :

H23A
    Skunk2 Pro Intake Manifold
    Skunk2 70mm Throttle Body
    ESP Alternator Relocation Bracket
    AEM Fuel rail & FPR
    FID 630cc Injectors
    KS Tuned Tensioner
    KS Tuned Walk Blocker
    Hondata Thermal Gasket
    Skunk2 Alpha Radiator
    Fidanza 9lb Flywheel
    Clutchmasters Clutch Kit

Exterior :

Stock for now

Interior :

Stock for now

Suspension / brakes / wheels :

Spc front upper ball joints
    5 lug conversion using
    Odyssey front knuckles
    Prelude rear hubs
    17x8 +65 Konig Hypergrams
    ESP Traction Bar

Audio / electronics :

Future plans :

Tein coilovers

I can't find the pics when I first picked it up but here it is in the back of my old work halfway through replacing the fuel pump.

After I got it running I started working on the 5 lug swap. here it is halfway through. lol

and once I finished the 5 lug swap I got it some new shoes.

I took out the old F22 which had a bent valve for a H23 and here it is at the track.

I'm missing more picture but I'll update those in a bit.
    Last edited by bseballkid1990; 03-07-2018, 10:14 AM.

Looks like your off to a good start! Keep up the good work!
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Looks like it's in pretty good condition, especially for $400. Did you manage to get some decent runs in at the track with the new engine?

Comment

Here's a couple pics from when I took out the f22 and put the H23 in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          Looks like your off to a good start! Keep up the good work!
          Thank you!

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
          Looks like it's in pretty good condition, especially for $400. Did you manage to get some decent runs in at the track with the new engine?
          I did but the stock clutch was slipping and since then I've installed a stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel. trying to get it prepared for the track in the spring. I've got to put in the half radiator, delete A/C, install the drag headers/exhaust, and finally get it tuned!

Comment

1v1 me at the track with my k24 ha
            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
              1v1 me at the track with my k24 ha
              You don't want it.

Comment

This was a few weeks back when we got our yearly little bit of snow.

Last edited by bseballkid1990; 12-28-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Finally took out the old leaky radiator, ac condenser, and busted fans. Installed a new skunk2 alpha radiator, fan, and new upper hose. I had to get a hose at autozone and cut it in order to fit. Does anyone know if there is a direct fit hose for the single sided radiators?

Next will be to install the drag headers and exhaust after I get the new Aem fuel rail, injectors, FPR, and AEM Air Fuel ratio gauge.
                  Last edited by bseballkid1990; 12-28-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

couldnt use the oem upper hose?
                    COUPE K24

Comment

I found out the hard way too that there is no direct hose to fit the upper if you go with a skunk2/mishimoto half rad. I had to get a custom one too.

Looks great man!!

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                        couldnt use the oem upper hose?
                        Nah, it kinked too bad and didn't sit right.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        I found out the hard way too that there is no direct hose to fit the upper if you go with a skunk2/mishimoto half rad. I had to get a custom one too.

Looks great man!!
                        Yeah, I went to vatozone and tried to get one with a similar bend but even that isn't working so great. but at least I could get it running and the coolant bled. this fan MOVES so much more air than the OEM lol

Comment

If you ever experience any overheating issues or rad fan on all the time etc. it's because you now have a huge open space next to the rad. Air will take the path of least resistance and will most likely bypass your whole rad. It may be enough of an issue that you'll have to block it off. But you may be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            If you ever experience any overheating issues or rad fan on all the time etc. it's because you now have a huge open space next to the rad. Air will take the path of least resistance and will most likely bypass your whole rad. It may be enough of an issue that you'll have to block it off. But you may be ok.
                            That's a good point. I haven't had any issues so far but it hasn't been above freezing here in Georgia the past couple weeks so maybe that's why. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. But in other applications I haven't seen a block off to funnel air through the radiator.

Comment

Splurged a little bit for christmas lol. Now do I spray it or go boost?

Comment

Working...
                              X