ABS Light On ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS Light On ??

i read somewhere that if i disconnected the ABS ECU in the trunk the light will go out ??

just want to make sure i wasnt going to get myself into any accidents becuase im disconnecting a braking ECU ..

thanks !
    Last edited by 93SM4_CB7; 02-19-2009, 11:12 AM.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

You can. When the light is on I believe the ABS doesnt work anyway. you wont have any problems i did it.lol

Comment

My ABS light is on too.

when I unplugged the ABS ECU in the trunk the light still didn't go out.

Comment

Why dont you do it the right way and jump the connector to get the code?

BTW, you'll still have regular brakes even with the ABS light on.
        You just wont have ABS.
        Its a safety feature and i suggest you get it looked at as soon as possible.

Comment

i def will get it looked @ , but in the time being i just disconnected the ECU and no more light

i will take it to get looked @ when i get some more money stacked together

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Mine's been on since the day i bought it. I have a rear sensor out and i was told the entire system has to be replaced. That = $1000+

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              Mine's been on since the day i bought it. I have a rear sensor out and i was told the entire system has to be replaced. That = $1000+
              if it's just the rear wheel sensor, you should be able to get one at the JY for 20 bucks or so. If that's the only problem should make the light go out.

Comment

Working...
              X