CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Racing

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #21
Allgonoshow
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 714 562 909 213 323
Posts: 91
Allgonoshow is cool... so far.
don u guys think that whole idea of modin the cars is
that BC Boys(and some hot racer chicks) will always desire bigger badder faster toy,

just like when i first got my tricycle w/horn(wow) at 6,
i remember i was racing w/ town kids... the day my dad brought it home lol

you might just go for look, or might have full turbo or h22 layin under the hood, or even ask your gurl to get off the car and stay in Mc-D parking lot for 5min w/ friendly 80lb pit bull (which she scared of) BC of some idiot from youth meeting challenged u(w/his orangsh/pinkish neon)
and u r concern about her fat/skinny/sexy/thick/boodylicious ass (weight) getting on the way to sweet sweet victory

doesn really matter you gotta do what u gottado

we all have pride in our cb7

but u gota think of other peeps too

my point is that, i love racing(for me freeway entrance is my fav battle filed)
and if u wanna race in clear ways, go had haul ass,

but if the situation changes (while u r racing) and if u feel or see that action u r about to take is unsafe..might cause big chaos, just step on the brakes...

just enjoy the joy of two fine tuned beast going at each othern in the range of your capability,

don go tyrin to change 5 lanes in 2sec and block the other idiot who is racing you just BC the rice rocket behind you start eating/closing up the gap
u see now,
enjoy it if the surrounding is race friendly(when threr are no cars no van or suv drivne by old ladies, no cops, no dogs no cats and no idiots trying to cross the street wearing blk sweater top n bottom at 3am)
but be super careful n cautious when you need to.....

thank you..
__________________
Pls do not stick Type-R or DOHC Vtec stickers
if you do not have'm under the hood...
that just makes you SUPER
RRRRRRRRRRRicer....
Allgonoshow is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #22
owequitit
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern AZ
Posts: 7,640
owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to owequitit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote
You NEVER expect something to go wrong. Therefore, you're never ready for it. If you expect it, you wouldn't do it!

Being "smart" about street racing is like being "smart" about taking drugs. By the time you lose control, it's too late.
I disagree with the first statement, and agree with the second.

I am not condoning street racing, but as a GOOD driver, one of the primary qualifications is anticipating what is going to happen.

This goes beyond high speeds.

When passing a semi, you should have an understanding that if something goes wrong and he loses control, you WILL be killed most likely.

So what do we do?

We remain extra vigilant while passing looking for odd tires, or some other thing that may make him have an issue.

We also accelerate to pass at a slightly higher rate, so that if something does go wrong, the window of opportunity for it to involve us is smaller.

Spending a half hour passing a semi at .5 MPH isn't in the interest of safety.

We anticipate whether or not someone looks like they will pull out in front of us and react as though they have.

If they don't, great, no love lost.

If they do, you are already prepared and reacting, so if nothing else, you have minimized the damage.

When merging, we make sure we are traveling the speed of traffic at the top of the on ramp, and we look for a hole to merge into long before we actually get there.

It is all about hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst.

It is about being ahead of the car.

There is more to driving than just steering and passing a test.

Of course, if you don't live that way in my line of work, you are pretty much guaranteed to get killed.

Also, it is good to get into this habit pattern because then when you make the transition to the racetrack, you will be better prepared to operate at the limits of a vehicle.

Just because it is in a controlled environment, doesn't mean that the car is less likely to kill you.

With the second statement, I agree. With all of the variables that happen on a public road that you either don't know about, or can't control, it is often too late before you even know there is a problem.

Just out of curiosity Deev,

If we don't want to condone street racing, then why do we allow the threads?

Last edited by owequitit; 03-19-2007 at 01:22 PM.
owequitit is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #23
NAiL05
CB7Tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas, Waco, And now SIUC for school I'm going worldwide bitches!!!
Posts: 17,076
NAiL05 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by owequitit
Just out of curiosity Deev,

If we don't want to condone street racing, then why do we allow the threads?
Because we are men and street racing makes our pee pee go hard second to women lol.
__________________

The New-ish Ride
My old Ride
Hear my Vtak!!!
MK3 Member #3
I piss off people for fun.
IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1
NAiL05 is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #24
Turbo Dave
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 2,752
Turbo Dave should be shot.
Send a message via AIM to Turbo Dave
the more you know the better, if your racing on a road you know, with a friend you know, chances are you know your odds.

however if your going on some road at night you dont know, and someone pulls up to race you, the situation is unknown, they could have a tire ready to pop, cant handle thier own car or are just drunk and hit you....
__________________
]
Turbo Dave is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #25
owequitit
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern AZ
Posts: 7,640
owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to owequitit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoCknRicEr037
the more you know the better, if your racing on a road you know, with a friend you know, chances are you know your odds.

however if your going on some road at night you dont know, and someone pulls up to race you, the situation is unknown, they could have a tire ready to pop, cant handle thier own car or are just drunk and hit you....

But that is where you are wrong. You don't know.

You don't know what is around the bend.

You don't know what is in the ditch waiting to cross the road.

You don't know about debris that you can't see.

You don't know about on coming traffic you don't see.

You don't know about who might be walking in the middle of the road just beyond your field of vision.

You don't know about that accident that might just be about to occur because of something completely unrelated to you.

There is a certain amount of risk associated with anything you do. There is a lot of risk that you can't calculate on the road because of the fact you don't know it is there.

A racetrack removes all of the random variables of the road, such as debris, on coming traffic, Crash fire and rescue, wildlife, pedestrians, etc etc etc.

That is just the way it is. If you think anything else, then you are simply making up excuses for yourself to justify your behavior, even though it is STILL wrong.

I will be honest when I say there are situations where power is your friend on the road.

A stoplight next to Civic in order to prove whose pimples are bigger and whose fart can is louder is not one of them.

I have done plenty of "street racing" in my day. But at some point, you realize that your behavior is stupid, and you quit.

If you want to turn yourself into a greasy spot in the middle of the road somewhere, then fine.

When you start trying to take other people with you is when there is a problem.

Last edited by owequitit; 03-19-2007 at 05:45 PM.
owequitit is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #26
dbsharp
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 1,626
dbsharp is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by owequitit

When passing a semi, you should have an understanding that if something goes wrong and he loses control, you WILL be killed most likely.

So what do we do?

We remain extra vigilant while passing looking for odd tires, or some other thing that may make him have an issue.

We also accelerate to pass at a slightly higher rate, so that if something does go wrong, the window of opportunity for it to involve us is smaller.

Spending a half hour passing a semi at .5 MPH isn't in the interest of safety.

We anticipate whether or not someone looks like they will pull out in front of us and react as though they have.

If they don't, great, no love lost.

If they do, you are already prepared and reacting, so if nothing else, you have minimized the damage.

When merging, we make sure we are traveling the speed of traffic at the top of the on ramp, and we look for a hole to merge into long before we actually get there.

It is all about hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst.

It is about being ahead of the car.
x2
__________________
spin city
dbsharp is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #27
Accord R33
CB7 Tech. support
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Webster, MA
Posts: 3,879
Accord R33 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Accord R33
Also, if you MUST post about your bullshit street race, punctuation is still necessary to tell a coherent story.
__________________

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com
Accord R33 is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #28
owequitit
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern AZ
Posts: 7,640
owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to owequitit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord R33
Also, if you MUST post about your bullshit street race, punctuation is still necessary to tell a coherent story.

LOL!

ne wayz. so i be chillin chillin mindin by bidnets and some joe in a tegz or someting cumz and he liek yippen and yappin bout by homiez rockin and i liek damz yo dood you wanna run biatch and he be frontin about his baggin and wez be like vrrooom vroom so the light turnz green and i totoally made fire come from my tirez and i was like BAM mad vtek yo! and i was gone.

stoopid ferraris thinking he jack my vtech...

Dang ole, dang ole stupid kids mang.
owequitit is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #29
GREENCB3
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,400
GREENCB3 is cool... so far.
Well said deev
__________________
Project EP hatch on the way
GREENCB3 is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #30
Allgonoshow
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 714 562 909 213 323
Posts: 91
Allgonoshow is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by owequitit
LOL!

ne wayz. so i be chillin chillin mindin by bidnets and some joe in a tegz or someting cumz and he liek yippen and yappin bout by homiez rockin and i liek damz yo dood you wanna run biatch and he be frontin about his baggin and wez be like vrrooom vroom so the light turnz green and i totoally made fire come from my tirez and i was like BAM mad vtek yo! and i was gone.

stoopid ferraris thinking he jack my vtech...

Dang ole, dang ole stupid kids mang.
ye meng it s so fonny i m westin my dayoff just surfin webb, wurd play w/u doods..
hee he heee ,
got questinz for ya al
y iz det my ivtek in o7 si doesnt kick az much az my h22 in cb7 dos meng..?


u c how i type in yung hip wayz just like rappus from frigin mtv or BEt..?
__________________
Pls do not stick Type-R or DOHC Vtec stickers
if you do not have'm under the hood...
that just makes you SUPER
RRRRRRRRRRRicer....
Allgonoshow is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #31
accordtypeR
Accord of the Month: August 2008
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orlando, FL.
Posts: 13,492
accordtypeR is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to accordtypeR Send a message via Yahoo to accordtypeR
Well spoken Deev. We glorify it so much I think because of the thrill it gives us. Im not exactly young like most of the folks here on the site. Take it to the track or play the NFS series on you all PS2 and 3's if you have that HEAVY foot. Just be safe out there guys !!!!!!
__________________
accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.


My Old Baby
....................My New Baby
SOLD TO
..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords
accordtypeR is offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #32
westsideaccord
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 840
westsideaccord is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to westsideaccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAiL05
Because we are men and street racing makes our pee pee go hard second to women lol.
THIS IS TRUE ^^^^^^^^
I'll ellaborate why, it is because since the dawn of man, we generally like to be on edge and be the best at whatever it is we are doing, we dont like failure and have a hard time accepting it, having a fire in a pit is good, but a BON FIRE is Awesome. Look at drifting. It started way back in tha day in Japan, where they did it on mountain passes that they usually were familiar with, even though their cars may have malfunctioned or there maybe some animal on the road, water, oil spilled etc. (Initial D for the win!) But they still did/do it. And even in the sixties they were racing on the streets to see who was the fastest and badest! The only difference between then and now is the risk of uncontrollable factors is larger, IE there are alot more urbanizatin of people now then back then. But at the same time the cars, well most of them, are way more responsive and alot of the people behind the wheel are more inclined about this. Again once you tear down a car a few times you will have the knowledge of how it works! There are alot of people that buy a car cause of its performance from factory but have no idea of how it does this. Turbochargers, superchargers, nitrous and all have the purpose of making power. We dont need them, but we do crave them, just like a rollercoaster or skydiving its just the thrills we seek from them! How boring would our lives be if we didnt have these thrills!?
We want to be the fastest or the cleanist or the best at something it in our nature! It all relates to the quote earlier! Who has the biggest pee pee! LOL
__________________

WaC!

Last edited by westsideaccord; 04-10-2007 at 10:01 AM.
westsideaccord is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #33
Ghetto_CB7
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,141
Ghetto_CB7 is cool... so far.
One missed point on modified cars

Aside from the Hippocratic police/people ticketing and complaining about tuned imports, the fact of the matter is most modifications done on this forum actually make driving safer. A tuned car is a good car!!! Not just breaks, lowering, and 4-5 point harnesses but increased hp/tq also. When we are faced with an "unfortunate" situation a highly tuned car has four options left, right, stop, or the one that most people forget about FORWARD!!!.

Just as a side note i mention this because earlier this summer an idiot decided to go straight in a turn only lane and my only options were to speed up and get in front of him, or stop (get rear ended), go left (into his car), right (into the car next to me. Obviously i sped up. Unfortunately there was a police officer at the gas station (where the idiot was supposed to turn). You guessed it, i got a speeding ticket for 50 in a 35. What is worse about it is the cop tried to give me an engaging in an illegal speed contest ticket (street racing). By the way the other car was a piecer Kia...

Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 07-13-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Ghetto_CB7 is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 02:28 AM   #34
Dom
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 811
Dom may have said something they shouldn't have...
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto_CB7
Aside from the Hippocratic police/people ticketing and complaining about tuned imports, the fact of the matter is most modifications done on this forum actually make driving safer. A tuned car is a good car!!! Not just breaks, lowering, and 4-5 point harnesses but increased hp/tq also. When we are faced with an "unfortunate" situation a highly tuned car has four options left, right, stop, or the one that most people forget about FORWARD!!!.

Just as a side note i mention this because earlier this summer an idiot decided to go straight in a turn only lane and my only options were to speed up and get in front of him, or stop (get rear ended), go left (into his car), right (into the car next to me. Obviously i sped up. Unfortunately there was a police officer at the gas station (where the idiot was supposed to turn). You guessed it, i got a speeding ticket for 50 in a 35. What is worse about it is the cop tried to give me an engaging in an illegal speed contest ticket (street racing). By the way the other car was a piecer Kia...
i cant believe you edited that and i can barely read it. hippocratic police???
and they're called BRAKES.
The police give you breaks if you dont street race.
You're vehice is equiped with BRAKES!

back on topic, i think its stupid to read someones story about thier "stoplight" race.. its either a complete lie or it didnt really happen the way they tell it.
(people giving TL's a run. smh)

if you want to make storys up about how your cars are faster then 95% of the other cars on the road and you want people to believe you, start video taping someshit, get a dash cam, PROVE IT!

I see a thread titled "i beat a TL today" so i open it and its just filled with words, it a pointless read, theres no solid evidence that it even happened.
by all means you want to go fast do it but do it with some respect for the road and the other people on it!
__________________
.............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/color]-----------------


.



My CD7

Last edited by Dom; 07-13-2007 at 02:31 AM.
Dom is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 02:34 AM   #35
texasvtak
Southern Regional Mudder Hater
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: two guesses
Posts: 4,377
texasvtak seems to have made some friends! texasvtak seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to texasvtak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
back on topic, i think its stupid to read someones story about thier "stoplight" race.. its either a complete lie or it didnt really happen the way they tell it.
(people giving TL's a run. smh)

if you want to make storys up about how your cars are faster then 95% of the other cars on the road and you want people to believe you, start video taping someshit, get a dash cam, PROVE IT!

I see a thread titled "i beat a TL today" so i open it and its just filled with words, it a pointless read, theres no solid evidence that it even happened.
by all means you want to go fast do it but do it with some respect for the road and the other people on it!
A good portion of the threads in here are honest.
__________________
To-Do List for Today
Be Awesome
texasvtak is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 06:51 AM   #36
deevergote
Don't call me dude.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Not New York
Posts: 40,087
deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I believe the stories. No need to doubt. However, A stoplight race is never official, and you never really know how serious the other person is.


As for modified cars being safer, I agree to an extent. Those that are properly modified ARE safer in a way. However, many modified cars aren't done correctly. People will slap a turbo on an otherwise stock car... leaving the brakes, clutch, tires, etc... totally untouched. The police aren't out to get the good ones, they're out to get the bad ones... sadly, they can't always tell them apart.

I, too, got a speeding ticket for someone else's idiocy. This woman was going extremely slow, so I tried to pass. She sped up, people behind closed the gap, and I had nowhere to go. Left was a ditch. Ahead was a truck coming at me... I floored it, and pulled in front of the woman right before kissing the truck. There was a cop behind that truck. Did he know what happened? No. Did he see me going like 70 in a 45? Yes. He probably would've let me off, but I was stupid and admitted to speeding. Oh well.
__________________






deevergote is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #37
erok515
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 488
erok515 may have said something they shouldn't have...
Send a message via AIM to erok515
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote
I, too, got a speeding ticket for someone else's idiocy. This woman was going extremely slow, so I tried to pass. She sped up, people behind closed the gap, and I had nowhere to go. Left was a ditch. Ahead was a truck coming at me... I floored it, and pulled in front of the woman right before kissing the truck. There was a cop behind that truck. Did he know what happened? No. Did he see me going like 70 in a 45? Yes. He probably would've let me off, but I was stupid and admitted to speeding. Oh well.
LOL that sucks!
__________________


jdmCITY.com
erok515 is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #38
deevergote
Don't call me dude.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Not New York
Posts: 40,087
deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Yeah, sure did! The cop was nice and gave me a small ticket though... fought it and got no points. If I hadn't opened my mouth, I probably would've gotten a warning.
__________________






deevergote is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #39
cleanz_28
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pasadena,Ca
Posts: 433
cleanz_28 is cool... so far.
Never Admit Guilt lol when being pulled over that is!
__________________
1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
-Nava
cleanz_28 is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #40
NAiL05
CB7Tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dallas, Waco, And now SIUC for school I'm going worldwide bitches!!!
Posts: 17,076
NAiL05 seems to have made some friends!
Haha I got pulled over for hittin vtak...Well I was retarded and this was after the rangers game and droppin my dad off to get his car. Well it was around 11-12 ish and no one was on this road for some apparent reason but I saw quite a bit of cops driving around. I was in the area and after I saw two pass lil did I know there was one sitting at the other intersection lol. I just slowly went in first then took off and shut down on the top of second (this was with my old F trans) I saw a pair of headlights catching up I was like shit (knowing its a cop) Cop just scanned my data chit chatted for a while and let me off with a warning. Cool cop and I got lucky.
__________________

The New-ish Ride
My old Ride
Hear my Vtak!!!
MK3 Member #3
I piss off people for fun.
IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1
NAiL05 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.