Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Screwy idle, engine speed stay same when shifting.... plus others. ??? :O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screwy idle, engine speed stay same when shifting.... plus others. ??? :O

So before i tear into anything. My car is doing the irratic idle (up and down up and down) until its warm, and i shut it off and let it sit for a while. then it will be fine...? plus my gas mileage kinda SUCKS. and when i clutch in for changing gears... the engine speed stays the same. same with just driving, if i try to compression brake, it stays for a few second, then begins to slow down.
    i'm at a loss as to where to start...

Are you throwing any CEL's? I would start there. Eratic, searching, bouncing idle can be caused by a number of issues. It can be clogged egr ports, clogged idle air control valve, fast idle control valve, o2 sebsor.. etc. Read chech engine light codes first..

Comment

Originally posted by Guero112 View Post
      Are you throwing any CEL's? I would start there. Eratic, searching, bouncing idle can be caused by a number of issues. It can be clogged egr ports, clogged idle air control valve, fast idle control valve, o2 sebsor.. etc. Read chech engine light codes first..

A couple weeks ago, once in a while i'd start the car and it would rev limited somewhere around 4k (this was back when my tach was false) but i shut the car off and restarted and it went away.

How exactly do i check CEL's? ive read something about under the dash? two wire plug? jump the two... something like that.
      Last edited by kylerawlins94; 04-15-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

turn the key to the run position. bend a paper clip to fit the connector on the passenger side under the dash. put one end of the paper clip in each of the holes of the connector and watch your engine light. it'll begin flashing, count long flashes as 10 and short flashes as 1. add them up and look up the codes each number corresponds with.

here ya go: http://check-engine-light-codes.blog...retrieval.html

hope i helped. you can see the connector in that picture

Comment

Originally posted by Nezdude87 View Post
          turn the key to the run position. bend a paper clip to fit the connector on the passenger side under the dash. put one end of the paper clip in each of the holes of the connector and watch your engine light. it'll begin flashing, count long flashes as 10 and short flashes as 1. add them up and look up the codes each number corresponds with.

here ya go: http://check-engine-light-codes.blog...retrieval.html

hope i helped. you can see the connector in that picture
          I think i may have just tucked that up and ziptied it earlier!

Comment

OH! i also forgot to mention. when i have the throttle pushed just the right amount. i get this metallic fluttering/ringing/ whateverthefuck, sound from the passenger side. its really weird. and its all the time if i push the gas just enough. O.o

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6rEk9aXOmg

This is a vid i found on youtube. Hope this helps aswell.
              Just make sure you have good contact with the plug terminals before you turn the key.

(long blinks = 10 and short blinks = 1)
              "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

Got a code 15.... ign something or another...

and now i think my main relay is going bad. went to start the car after going into the petstore the other day and it just cranked... almost killed my battery before it finally started (weak battery too)

Comment

Working...
                X