No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITB's!? That's definitely going to sound crazy. For the IACV I saw this: https://honda-tech.com/forums/weldin.../#post45052149. A custom plate where the IACV connects and vacuum lines split to each of the TB's.
    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Holy crap Mike! ITB's are going to sound awesome. Also how the hell did you actually manage to get the ITB's from a CD racecar?!?
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Here are some pictures.

apalileo, I was thinking of something like that. I have the adapter plate from the skunk2 manifold so I can incorporate that into the works. Mainly I just dont understand how the system works, specifically where each end of the IACV goes. One side goes into the manifold, the other is somewhere inside the throttle body? Which side goes where?

Rilas, it's a funny story. The shop next to the one I work at had a customer come in to race prep a Nissan. Supposedly the owner of the Nissan has had a few race cars and the CD was one of them. He said he's had it lying around since the motor blew in the car which was around 2008-2009 or so. One of the guys prepping the car agreed to sell a few parts on the owners behalf. Since I didn't have the cash to outright pay for it, I'm trading my knowledge of the employees personal car to help him re-assemble it after one of his harnesses got a little crispy for the ITB's. The racecar owner also has an AEM V2 that I may snag up for my turbo truck build.

Comment

Wow... just wow.

Comment

Alright, update time. We had a spare racing seat at work leftover from a racecar project (someone ordered a non FIA approved seat) so I went ahead and ordered a seat bracket from Planted Technology. It's a pretty nice bracket but I did have to drill two holes to mount the seat (possibly because I wasn't using a slider?). I'm a big guy and this is the first seat that made me feel secure but still comfortable. It's a bit tight around the legs, but I can either lose weight or just bend the lower bolsters.

Recently I had a problem that had been plaguing the driveability of the car. My idle would hang up sometimes and it got so bad that it was hanging around 3500rpm. I had smoke tested it, swapped the IAC with another one I had lying around, and still no luck. Eventually I stopped by Juice21's place to talk to him and see what he thought. He suggested swapping out my throttle body with one he had. Problem solved, though I think my IACV is still bad (surging idle every once and a while). Upon inspection the next day, I found out what was causing all the headaches.

Before the throttle body went whacky, my wideband sensor took a dump on me for about the fourth time now. I threw another sensor in there (used OEM VW is apparently the same plug and way cheaper to replace than brand new Bosch sensors) and added a spacer to move it out of the direct exhaust stream. Hopefully this will result in the sensor lasting a bit longer.
            Last edited by Mike1357; 08-09-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

No pictures of the cd that the ITB's came out of?

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
              MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Let there be light!!
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                  No pictures of the cd that the ITB's came out of?
                  I can probably get a picture of the outside of the car, but the owner said he didn't have any of the engine bay, which is a real shame.

Comment

The Sparco R100 is definitely a nice seat. Looks good in there!

Comment

Ya... what is up with that throttle body not making a seal? Did it become deformed somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                        The Sparco R100 is definitely a nice seat. Looks good in there!
                        It feels good too. Now I just need to get another. They're really reasonably priced.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        Ya... what is up with that throttle body not making a seal? Did it become deformed somehow?
                        It was modified to have the stock automatic cable wheel since I was still automatic when the swap was first done. I guess the nut put a little strain on the butterfly and made it contact the side at mid to full throttle. It's just been whittling itself down for the past 5 some odd years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                          It feels good too. Now I just need to get another. They're really reasonably priced.

It was modified to have the stock automatic cable wheel since I was still automatic when the swap was first done. I guess the nut put a little strain on the butterfly and made it contact the side at mid to full throttle. It's just been whittling itself down for the past 5 some odd years.
                          wow. ya, that would of played havoc with the ECU and all kinds of weird stuff. And hard to figure out too, because you maybe couldn't see that opening as it was dark when looking in (with it on the car).

Those single TBs. Obviously you are going to make those work

Comment

Yeah, it took me a minute to find and really I only noticed as I was swapping it out. I'm definitely going to make the ITB's work, I just need to send the injectors out to get flow tested and cleaned, an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and a re-tune. It's kinda in the back burner though as there's some maintenance I need to catch up on.

Comment

That definitely sounds like your TPS was bad on the old throttle body, mine had the same symptoms when it was bad.
                              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I'm just glad it's fixed. Still never narrowed down my slight surging idle but I'm about 90% sure it's my IACV.

Well, I'm hunkered down for Irma-gerd and I've got jack stands and boards in case I experience any flooding in my area.

Comment

Working...
                                X