No announcement yet.

SUSP : Rear 5-Lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i have a friend that bought a lude and he is parting the brake setup for me with the swirly lude rims. and i wanted to know if i can use the lude fronts instead of the odyssey parts. and if i can wut other parts i need. i already have the vtec calipers from a 95 lude
    thanx
    mauricio

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
      Yes that's right. I haven't heard anything on the front write-up. The front is super easy though, what do yo uwant to know?
      yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
        well i have a friend that bought a lude and he is parting the brake setup for me with the swirly lude rims. and i wanted to know if i can use the lude fronts instead of the odyssey parts. and if i can wut other parts i need. i already have the vtec calipers from a 95 lude
        thanx
        mauricio
        If you want to use the 97+ Lude front knuckles you will also need the front lower control arms, lude crossmember, and etc. It's really not worth it. The Odyssey knuckles are a direct replacement. If you already have the 95 vtec calipers and brackets, then all you would need are the knuckles and itr, 97+ lude, or odyssey rotors (they're all the same).
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

oh really i see now. well i am just saying i have a totaled prelude that i am stripping parts from. got it really cheap. so thats y. i have the whole lude and will take anything i can from it. thats why i ask jose. and for the rotors in the front they are of course rotor over hub. i have the car in a storage facility so i havent had time to take it apart or look at it.

so since i do have the lude do u think its worth to use the knuckles, front lower control arms, and crossmember. and since u said that the itr lude and odyssey rotors are the same for the front.

but the rear u put in this diy to use itr rear rotors. is that right.

thanks alot man its really helpful!

mauricio

Comment

If you have the whole Prelude then yeah just take all the parts from that. You must use the ITR rotors in the rear. The Preludes won't work.

Comment

tru. thats all i needed to know. thanks a bunch

Comment

any more info for the front setup? any tips for installation and acquiring parts busted?
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

did you have to replace the balljoints in the front knuckle of the odyssey? what about the ball joints in the upper a-arm? any tips in doing that as well as removing the accord knuckle? balljoints scare me .
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                    did you have to replace the balljoints in the front knuckle of the odyssey? what about the ball joints in the upper a-arm? any tips in doing that as well as removing the accord knuckle? balljoints scare me .

there easy to do , popem out popem in .... [thug voice] you kno what im sayin..[/thug voice]

Comment

I didn't have to replace any ball joints. They where all tight. I probably eventually will but it's not a priority now. Seperating them is no bid deal, there are several ways to do it. Just be careful with the dust boot. If you break them don't sweat it, just buy new ones, they're only a few bucks.

Comment

you can replace just the dust boot? i thought you should replace the whole balljoint?! how do you replace just the dust boot and grease?
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

You can just replace the dust boot and pack some grease in there but if you have been riding on torn boots for awhile you should replace the whole joint. Reason is that dirt gets in there and damages the ball and socket of the joint.

Comment

Busted... So what parts would you recomend for the front swap? Sounds like everything is a direct swap from a `97-01 Odyssey?

What calipers will work (front and rear)?

And what bolt pattern are the new hubs if you recall off hand.

Mahalo -Coyote (`91 ex coupe stuck w/ stock drums in the rear)

Comment

Originally posted by ObieWanCoyote
                              Busted... So what parts would you recomend for the front swap? Sounds like everything is a direct swap from a `97-01 Odyssey?

What calipers will work (front and rear)?

And what bolt pattern are the new hubs if you recall off hand.

Mahalo -Coyote (`91 ex coupe stuck w/ stock drums in the rear)
                              for the front you can use everything that comes with the knuckles of the odyssey. this means the calipers and rotors as well. you can also use prelude VTEC calipers (doesn't matter what year just as long as it came from a VTEC prelude), legend calipers (like busted's setup), and even NSX calipers if you can get your hands on them. basically anything that is compatible with 11" rotor can be used.

as of now, you can only use the accord calipers in the rear. i haven't seen any other caliper swap...yet. i'm sure someone will be able to swap something else in there.

bolt pattern is 5x114.3mm. i learned this the hard way !
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                                as of now, you can only use the accord calipers in the rear. i haven't seen any other caliper swap...yet. i'm sure someone will be able to swap something else in there.
                                possibly the 97+ ITR caliper possibly, right? since the rear pads for the cb7 and ITR are the same part number, could you assume that the calipers are interchangable? i dont think that would necessarily be an "upgrade" but that goes the same for the 5th gen accord rear calipers.

Comment

Working...
                                X