Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New to audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to audio

Ok so a co-worker of mine has these two 12's in a sealed box that he wants to get rid of. And ill hopefully have them by monday. I was wondering how you figure out what size amp your going to need to power your subs. I also want to amp my two fronts and my rears. All your guys' help is so appreciated thank you !

your gonna need two separate amps.
    For your subs you'll want to look at the back of the speakers and see what there rated for.
    just because they are 12" speakers dont mean shit. your looking for amps and ohms.
    they'll say something like 200-300 amp. so then you could go with a mono channel amp and bridge the two speakers together. this may already be done, if the box only has one hook up on it then it does.
    for your highs your gonna be lookin for like a 400 watt 4 channel amp. that puts each one of your speakers on its own channel
    for subs your looking for LPF
    for highs your looking for HPF
    if you can hear vocals coming out of your subs and not the 808 then you got the amp set up wrong. but if you go with a mono channel amp u shouldn't have to worry about that.
    you could also go with a two channel amp but i usually prefer to bridge them anyways.
    Last edited by kratemertyl; 07-11-2014, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red4doorAccord View Post
      Ok so a co-worker of mine has these two 12's in a sealed box that he wants to get rid of. And ill hopefully have them by monday. I was wondering how you figure out what size amp your going to need to power your subs. I also want to amp my two fronts and my rears. All your guys' help is so appreciated thank you !
      look up the subs on the intarwebz.. if say theyre 300 watts rms combine, so 600 watts rms total. find an amp thats that large or a hair bigger usually they say 1200 watts, but thats only 600 rms. also depends if youre going to run them in stereo or mono. if you run them in mono get a class D monoblock amp..theres lots of variables first find the specs of the subs and let us know.

Comment

Get the highest continuous output (I don't like saying RMS because there is no such thing as RMS power, just one of my geek pet peeves) amp you can afford.

You can never have too much power available, just don't floor it all the time and you'll be fine.

4 channels for mids and highs, same way of choosing here.

Or just buy a 5 channel amp...less wiring, distribution, hassles and headaches.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

When i look at them monday ill figure out what the specs. And like i said before i am totally clueless when it comes to audio stuff haha😜.

Comment

For oun good instalation you need just :
            -1 speakers composet (more speakers is bader for sound quality and the scene).
            -1 subwoofer hight level quality is better 2 subs to low quality.

For amps it's possible to take a 4 channels (if 1 composet).
            But with 2 subs you need powerful amps.

What is the reference of subs please ?

Very importante spec for the amps sub is the damping fartor
            It's for the good driving membrane and amortisement.
            Bass more clear and clean.

You have head unit ?
            You have speaker compo ?

For the composet if you DIY you can take a 6.5" woofers is better than 5.25" for the bass and more is for sound crossing between woofer and subs.

The tun of doors :
            https://translate.google.fr/translat...-text=&act=url

Comment

heres what ill be running. the cheapy 4 channel sony amp wasnt picture worthy, might get swapped out for an alpine price permitting.

Comment

Got my subs two days ago and all i need to get is and amp and some wiring. I spent all day today putting in the headunit. I got a cheap one because it was cheap duh xD. I really dont know much about the speakers still they are mtx road thunder's 12's. The guy i got them off of said they are rated between 100-400 rms. right now im looking for a good amp on craigslist and was wondering if the capacitor is needed and what it does. And i need to know what size wire to run

Comment

No, the capacitor isn't needed for your set-up. It usually is never needed in anyone's set-up.
                  The job of a capacitor is to "prevent dimming lights, and give you tighter, deeper bass." That's all marketing BS. Your amp already has filter caps in it. Adding more "car audio" caps outside the amp is usually just for show. Now if you had a big enough cap bank...then it starts to get interesting .

Anyway. You will be happy with a solid 1000w sub amp. IMO, you should always have more amp than sub. It gives you room to grow as well. And remember, the gain knob is not a volume knob...that's how subs get blown. A 1000w amp should have at least 100 Amps worth of fuses, that's a quick a dirty way of gauging an amps output. Not really accurate, but good enough.

4 gauge OFC (oxygen free copper) will be sufficient for wiring. I recommend knukonceptz.com for wiring

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I like this old school amp :
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/141345507126

a little expensive but really powerful ! :Tu:

Comment

If you like a good details in songs (pair) :
                      http://www.extremeaudio.de/de/carpow...er-dt284s.html

It's a high end tweeter low cost.

And Carpower CDN 2X crossovers for dt-284s (pair) :
                      http://www.extremeaudio.de/de/carpow...he-cdn-2x.html

I think retoviseur covers is a good place for intergrate this tweeters.
                      Last edited by KLIOBZH; 07-23-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Medium for an good price (for one I think) :
                        Carpower/stage line sp6/100pro
                        1st link
                        2nd link

Last edited by KLIOBZH; 07-23-2014, 06:02 AM.

Comment

And for the bass I advise this very great sub :

Visaton TIW 250 XS 8Ω 10"

He have very big magnetic motor and membrane very light and rigid.

Take 2 sub for 4Ohms parallel circut :

Last edited by KLIOBZH; 07-23-2014, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Im definitely going to have to get some new mids and i dont really like high pitched noises so idk about tweeters. I just want everything to look original and sound great 😊

Comment

Tweets keep the sound clean. Otherwise it can get muddy. Coaxial speakers are going to be your best bet for simplicity. Components require some thought and measuring for good placement And are more expensive. Just hook them up in the factory locations.
                              91 accord daily

Comment

Working...
                              X